Why have the Fins not won a championship in 30 years? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why have the Fins not won a championship in 30 years?

Why haven't he Fins won during the time the Fish have won 2

• Lack of talent

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lack of testicular fortitude

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Bad coaching

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Bad timing

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Combination of factors

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • The Dirt Infield did it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Fins havent won in 30 years because of many factors...one of the main ones was the Marino Dolphins' inability to get by the Buffalo Bills in the playoffs;)

1990: 44-34 Buffalo in AFC Divisional
1992: 29-10 Buffalo in AFC Championship(at Miami)
1995: 37-22 Buffalo in Wildcard or Divisional(Shula's last ever game)

'92 wound up being the closest chance you guys have been to the Superbowl since 84...(no smack intended--but I know the 4 SB's comeback is coming)

Originally posted by StartingTailbak

Well... Boston fans blame 'The Curse'. But seriously, usually when a team wins but can't seem to secure a championship, there is a singular underlying cause. In the BoSox case it has usually been the bullpen. Yes, for 100 years. This year they managed themselves out of a championship.

The Fins have suffered from bad coaching. Yes, we all love Coach Shula. But his supporting cast over the years were at times less than stellar. And toward the end of his tenure he just didnt have it any more. Jimmy, well lets not talk about that. DW has yet to prove that he can take us all the way.

I agree.........as a matter of fact, I actually voted for that on the poll....and then talked myself out of it before I posted....But I definately agree.

CW.....bad coaching was responsible for those losses to the Bills too....and besides that, that was only 4 years out of 30...that's hardly a "main reason"...:rolleyes:

That's just your little attempt at getting a shot in as evidenced by your line of thinking in reference to what we are going to say back to you.

You're as transparent as air.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
The Fins havent won in 30 years because of many factors...one of the main ones was the Marino Dolphins' inability to get by the Buffalo Bills in the playoffs;)

1990: 44-34 Buffalo in AFC Divisional
1992: 29-10 Buffalo in AFC Championship(at Miami)
1995: 37-22 Buffalo in Wildcard or Divisional(Shula's last ever game)

'92 wound up being the closest chance you guys have been to the Superbowl since 84...(no smack intended--but I know the 4 SB's comeback is coming)

I agree with Infins, we lost those games especially the '95 game because of bad coaching. I included the infuriating losses to the Bills in the original post. Those losses are definitely a sore point for all FinFans, but not a main reason for not winning the SB.

The worst part about it is that usually I would cheer for the AFC opponent in the SB. Especially because the NFC was so dominant back then. But with the Bills I could only think why oh why do we have to watch this embarrassment on international TV:lol: (sorry, couldn't resist)

Back
Top Bottom