Why I actually think we will end up keeping O-Gun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I actually think we will end up keeping O-Gun

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Well let's see who's on the market.

Kearse, Howard, and Wistrom.

First of all O-Gun is not 24 he is a year younger (turning 27) than Wistrom and Kearse and Howard.

He has not been a #1 in his career the others have(yes I know about Wistrom, but in his first couple of years he produced quite well before Little stepped up). The Dolphins have said they want to keep him, I believe they will.

Yes I know the others did not have sack totals that high this year, but if you listen to GMs around the league no one seems to want to pay a 1st and a 3 for O-Gun plus the money.

Not with the other three DEs on the market.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need him anyway.

Losing Ogun is dumb. This team needs young upcoming players. You do not give away this player for a player in the draft. Unless you have an all-star behind him, and Miami doesn't. Miami has 2 great DE, and it should stay that way.

Everyone seems to believe he isn't staying for anything less then what Taylor makes. He'll stay for half, and I would bet on it.

Kearse will be franchised, Wistrom is a mediocre end, and Howard...who's howard?

Kearse cannot be franchised by a team with that ridiculous a cap bumber. Wistrom is not mediocre. Howard is the DE from the Saints.

Winstrom is not same level as Ogun and neither is Howard.Teams will think twice about Kearse because of his injuries.Ogunleye is the cream of crop and I don't see we can keep him plus upgrade the offense.

Ya but does that mean they will be willing to pay a 1st and 3rd for him? Nope.

Originally posted by Jaj

You might be surprise!

There always someone despret enough and if not some type trade will be work out.It will be hard to fit oguneleye and add impact players on offense.I just don't see Ogun back.

Well usually thehuddlereport.com is right about average salary signings, they say 3.7m for O-Gun. Probably first year that would be 3m? That ain't that bad.

Originally posted by Jaj
Well usually thehuddlereport.com is right about average salary signings, they say 3.7m for O-Gun. Probably first year that would be 3m? That ain't that bad.

Too bad Huddle report is not the one negotiating the Contract but of all people Drew.I imagine base salary will be somewhere around 3.5-4 mil range for his first year but add any incentives and signing bonus(I'm sure Drew will be looking for a big signing bonus).

No I think it will be around that range. It sounds just about right.

Plus O-Gun might also want to stay here anyway.

i had heard he wanted JT money, and a big signing bonus included in that... we'll make our best offer, but there will be a lot of competition and i wouldnt be at all surprised to see him go. it would suck, but it may just be better for us in the long run, if we play our cards right.

I doubt he gets the J.T. money.

Originally posted by Jaj

Says who? There are teams that will give up a first and a third, we will not have O-Gun next season. I'll be pissed if we tender him another year.

Tell me who. Who would rather pay the same money as Kearse and pay the 1st and 3rd.

Originally posted by Jaj
Tell me who. Who would rather pay the same money as Kearse and pay the 1st and 3rd.

I could name a handfull of teams but I shouldn't have too, they're are a good number of teams in need of an impact making DE but there is only one Kearse, and he's injury plauged :tongue:.

If you don't see a potential handfull of suitors for O-Gun then you're not thinking this all the way through.

Back
Top Bottom