Why I actually think we will end up keeping O-Gun | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I actually think we will end up keeping O-Gun

Then your argument is downright pathetic. I think you won't name any teams because your lazy. You know what I will.

Seattle- Just get a WR in this draft, don't overpay Jackson, and you can sign Kearse. Or they trade down for Matt Ware. Teams that need a DE have too many needs to give a 1st, 3rd, and loads of cash for a guy who has is good I admit and that is the reason I want him to stay, but they will take Kearse being that he is a UFA.

Kearse is far more of a value even with his injuries which seem to be ending. He does not require picks and has proven to be a #1 DE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are overestimating Ogun's value on the market, and underestimating the value of what teams think of draft choices.

Let's put it this way... Ricky was essentially had for a 1st and a 3rd. Yes, ultimately we ended up giving up two 1st rounders, but nobody ever expected he would be that good. Plus, the only reason we paid such a steep price is his contract was REDICULOUSLY low because of the way his incentives were structured. It had almost no cap impact to us by bringing him into the fold.

We will get a first round pick at MOST for Ogun... he is just not THAT proven of a guy to get more, especially when a team is going to have to sign him to a big contract too. Some Teams could use an improvement in the Defensive End dept., but DE's are not THAT short of supply in the NFL as a RB's and QB's... I just don't see a team giving up two early picks, plus blockbuster $$$ for a guy that has had essentially ONE good year on a team that surrounded him with talent.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
i had heard he wanted JT money, and a big signing bonus included in that... we'll make our best offer, but there will be a lot of competition and i wouldnt be at all surprised to see him go. it would suck, but it may just be better for us in the long run, if we play our cards right.

Just because he wants something doesn't mean he will get it. He had a great season but he will not get anything near what he wants.

Back
Top Bottom