Why I like Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I like Saban

MikeO said:
If he did I missed it
Mike, He did do a spot with Fat hank.

It was intetresting, because it was obvious that all Saban wanted to say was that he loves Ronnie Brown and that it does not close the door on Ricky Williams. He said hethink Ricky Williams can still contribute on this team, and that they could be in the same backfield.
It was clear to see Saban was wanting to send a signal to Ricky Williams that he could still be a part of this team. It struck me as odd because my first thought when we selected Brown was Bye Bye Ricky.

Did you all see the big ****-eating grin on his face? He got the player he wanted.

KB21 said:
Fred Gibson is a possibility at receiver. I just think Fason is such a great value though. This guy has first round talent, and he's still available. Rated #47 overall by PFW. Awfully hard to pass on him.

I agree... I had Miami taking Edwards in my mock, and Fason later. I can't believe he's still on the board. At some point, some team must say WTF... Why is this guy still here?

I'm a little suprised NE didn't take him with a comp pick. Get BPA, and a backup for Dillion (how many more years does he have). A very good runner, with underrated recieving ability. He is a first rounder if he comes out next year.

So many teams reached this year... The 4th round is going to be like the 3rd for Miami.

IF Miami can trade down, I think Travis Daniels, Kyle Orton, Ronnie Fields, and Ben Wilkerson all have very good chances of becoming a dolphin. I would be happy either way. So much talent in round 4.

Because he drafted players from teams that beat him when he was in college. Players that the players on his team respected.

No way, I prefer the Jimmy Johnson approach and swagger. Sitting there with his girlfriend's two-ounce dog and wearing the bizarre shirt while munching out on nachos were the greatest draft days in Dolphin history. Maybe the picks didn't work out fully but the approach wasn't what hindered it. I loved it when he picked up a picture of Shane Burton and said he looked like "he's ready to come down here and play some football."

The Saban era better be successful because it's world class dull.

If it's possible to get any deals done, I think...

Tennessee
NY Giants
Jacksonville
Indy

could want Fason. Tenn has Brown who has injury problems, NY needs someone behind Tiki, Jacksonville needs a future replacement for Taylor (Greg Jones moved to FB) and Indy can't franchise Edge forever...

Ok i think we either take Orton, who imo has been severley overlooked, his arm strength and accuracy are great or we take jerome mathis who shouldnt have slipped this far a very good comp receiver!

Saban is definately a guy that's in control. His secretive style of coaching drives me crazy. but it's all for the best. I think we going to have that Patriot style 3-4 scheme with the occasional 4-3 switch. I hope tommarow though we assess some more needs such as the O-line and secondary, and the most important QB.

PhinFan0202 said:
Saban is definately a guy that's in control. His secretive style of coaching drives me crazy. but it's all for the best. I think we going to have that Patriot style 3-4 scheme with the occasional 4-3 switch. I hope tommarow though we assess some more needs such as the O-line and secondary, and the most important QB.

Actually, it's going to be a 4-3 with the occasional odd man front.

KB21 said:
Actually, it's going to be a 4-3 with the occasional odd man front.
Hey KB....

Knowing that Timbo is likely no longer a starter due to health reasons (I don't think he'll be around long this year), who do you see as our starting DL?

I see Roth and Taylor at DE, with one of them playing OLB on occasion (Taylor?). DT is ?

Hawthorne might be a good one.....if we can nab him Rd 4. Chester and Him would be big plugs......Carter would be a nice rotation guy in that mix.

I could see Fason being the pick. Maybe Gordon's injury is worse than we know. Morris is a back-up fullback. Minor has a one year deal. The other guys (king and forsey) are practice squad or cut.

If C4 is the pick I may just stay off of finheaven until the 5th pick has come and gone.

Back
Top Bottom