Why i think we'll have a BETTER record next year than last.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why i think we'll have a BETTER record next year than last....

texasPHINSfan

Pro Bowl
Reaction score
For all you people upset about Ricky's leaving, please know that i was frustrated at first too...

Then i looked at the numbers. Numbers don't lie.

2000 phins (pre-Ricky, W/Fiedler) 11-5 (14th in NFL in yds rushing)
2001 phins (pre-Ricky, W/Fiedler) 11-5 (23rd in NFL in yds rushing)
2002 phins (with Ricky, Fiedler) 9-7 (2nd in NFL in yds rushing)
2003 phins (with Ricky, Fiedler) 10-6(8th in NFL in yds rushing)

my prediction for 2004 is either 10-6 or another 11-5 season. Why? When we had Ricky, he was great, but he made us one-dimensional. Teams KNEW where we were coming from, what the whole plan of attack was. Now we don't have him, the other teams won't know where to start when planning for us.... it will give us that edge we haven't seen since the 2001 season.

If someone else has already brought this up, i apologize, have been out of town for awhile. But i think its VERY worth mentioning. Flipside to this in the quarterback thing.... teams might know what to expect from Fiedler, but don't know anything about Feely. If he is named the starter, thats one more variable that works to our advantage.

thoughts?

-tex

hmmm.... well your "thoughts" on this didn't quite come to fruition.... care to repost that spamawama? :)

Did mommy forget to give you your ritalin today?

Its been mentioned plenty. Especially in my sig and my other posts. Nice post anyways, I always like to be reminded of how good we are going to be.

I agree that we are going to be good this year despite Rickys retirement. I want to say though that teams will be able to prepare for us though because they do have game film to prepare from once the season starts so the coaches are going to have to do a good job of mixing it up.

jesusfreak26 said:
I agree that we are going to be good this year despite Rickys retirement. I want to say though that teams will be able to prepare for us though because they do have game film to prepare from once the season starts so the coaches are going to have to do a good job of mixing it up.
Provided Fredo and company decide to mix it up on offense. Which remains to be seen. I truly hope they are playing dumb when they say that the philosophy won't change.

You know, i think we just might have a better season after all.
Without an established Running Back, Wrongstedt doesnt have the luxury of falling asleep in the 4th quarter and just handing the ball off to Ricky down after down after down.
He might actually throw it once or twice in the 4th this year.
:woot:

It really wasn't Williams that made your team one dimensional it was the coaching. The biggest problem I can see coming to you now is. Will this new O-Line be able to protect the QBs? It will mean they will need to hold their blocks just a little longer. With out a solid Running game teams could well decide to come after the QB much harder than they have over the last two years.
Wade Smith has problems with speed rushers Jeno James was the weak link on the Panthers line he will be in Miami too.McKinney has been beaten by bull rushers in the past. The others are fair upgrades to what you had.

texasPHINSfan said:
For all you people upset about Ricky's leaving, please know that i was frustrated at first too...

Then i looked at the numbers. Numbers don't lie.

2000 phins (pre-Ricky, W/Fiedler) 11-5 (14th in NFL in yds rushing)
2001 phins (pre-Ricky, W/Fiedler) 11-5 (23rd in NFL in yds rushing)
2002 phins (with Ricky, Fiedler) 9-7 (2nd in NFL in yds rushing)
2003 phins (with Ricky, Fiedler) 10-6(8th in NFL in yds rushing)

my prediction for 2004 is either 10-6 or another 11-5 season. Why? When we had Ricky, he was great, but he made us one-dimensional. Teams KNEW where we were coming from, what the whole plan of attack was. Now we don't have him, the other teams won't know where to start when planning for us.... it will give us that edge we haven't seen since the 2001 season.

If someone else has already brought this up, i apologize, have been out of town for awhile. But i think its VERY worth mentioning. Flipside to this in the quarterback thing.... teams might know what to expect from Fiedler, but don't know anything about Feely. If he is named the starter, thats one more variable that works to our advantage.

thoughts?

-tex
I think the factor your leaving out in your assessment is that Wannstedt is losing this team, the conditions are in place for a real down year.....which should mercifully bring the end of the Wannstedt era..................

I agree with texas fan. Hopefully now we won't be one dimensional. It won't be run ricky 1st and 2nd down. Then pass on 3rd. This will force wanny to be more creative and open up the offense. Lets face it we never got to the playoffs with ricky anyway, so what the hay. And to ricky, if i ever run into you on a street, I wish you nothing but bad luck. You are a classless man who has no respect for your team and teammates.

The Myth said:
It really wasn't Williams that made your team one dimensional it was the coaching. The biggest problem I can see coming to you now is. Will this new O-Line be able to protect the QBs? It will mean they will need to hold their blocks just a little longer. With out a solid Running game teams could well decide to come after the QB much harder than they have over the last two years.
Wade Smith has problems with speed rushers Jeno James was the weak link on the Panthers line he will be in Miami too.McKinney has been beaten by bull rushers in the past. The others are fair upgrades to what you had.

Knowing that teams are going to play miami whats the on player that sticks out that can cause some problems???? Anwser is Ricky Williams. Teams knew that he was our only weapon and Norv Tuner just ran the hell outta him for his two stays in Miami. With new playmakers emerging and signing on with us Miami has a new dimension for offense and the Qb matter will solve itself come training camp. With 3 wide reciever sets and Jay being good a throwing short patterns makes our chances a little greater. If feeley becomes what we are all thinking then the Qb sitche is solved. The oline im not worried about at all. I feel that the team itself will overcome the media and people saying that they wont make it. This is miami's story book season and against all odds Miami will emerge on top

This will force wanny to be more creative and open up the offense.

wanny and creative dont belong in the same sentence

lets not forget our oline sucked in 2000 and 2001 too..... We still did well. We also had Norv Turner to deal with, so now it will be just like it was before - no turner, no williams.

Sad as it may seem, this should bring back the glory days.

And i don't wish any harm or bad luck to Ricky. His heart wasn't in football. Its his life. I would have gone a different way about deciding to retire and when, but he still can make his own decisions - it IS his life.

Back
Top Bottom