Why is emmith smith starting for arizona Again? I don't get it... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is emmith smith starting for arizona Again? I don't get it...

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Marcel SHipp is quicker and stronger than he is and is obviously more younger. In the past 2 years he's been waiting behind and has played well. I mean he should just retire and let the man begin his career as a starter, I find that unfair you know.

Better question: Why is this in the Dolphin forum?

Dennis Green will start who he feels is better for the job.

juniorseau55 said:
Marcel SHipp is quicker and stronger than he is and is obviously more younger. In the past 2 years he's been waiting behind and has played well. I mean he should just retire and let the man begin his career as a starter, I find that unfair you know.

If you wanna know the real reason it's because Arizona has an absolutely huge amount of Cowboys fans, I think it might be the second largest fan base outside of Dallas for them. The Cards have a horrible fanbase as they only drew about 29,000 people in a 73,000 seat stadium in 2002-2003, and all their franchise attendance records have been set in games vs the Cowboys. Last year they averaged almost 37,000 people per game so he is having a small effect, and as they don't seem to be a powerhouse this season they can use all the revenue they can get as they are one of the least profitable franchises in the NFL.

Finsflurry said:
If you wanna know the real reason it's because Arizona has an absolutely huge amount of Cowboys fans, I think it might be the second largest fan base outside of Dallas for them. The Cards have a horrible fanbase as they only drew about 29,000 people in a 73,000 seat stadium in 2002-2003, and all their franchise attendance records have been set at games vs the Cowboys. Last year they averaged almost 37,000 people per game so he is having a small effect, and as they don't seem to be a powerhouse this season they can use all the revenue they can get as they are one of the least profitable franchises in the NFL.
Interesting theory, but I disagree. Dennis Green doesn't BS. If he starts Emmitt, it's because he is playing better. Shipp only averaged 3.6 ypc last year Granted, Emmit didn't do much better. Maybe he's trying to send a message to Shipp that he has EARN the starting job.

LIQUID24 said:
Interesting theory, but I disagree. Dennis Green doesn't BS. If he starts Emmitt, it's because he is playing better. Shipp only averaged 3.6 ypc last year Granted, Emmit didn't do much better. Maybe he's trying to send a message to Shipp that he has EARN the starting job.

Obviously bro you haven't seen Marshell Shipp Play. His theory is right by the way.

LIQUID24 said:

As Junior just pointed out, maybe you haven't see Marcel Shipp play because he is light years ahead of Emmitt. Shipp has more power,
speed, moves, Emmitt used to be the best but now he is a shell of what
he used to be, he can provide you with a few plays over the course of
the game, so IMO Emmitt will not get a lot of carries (5-12 a game) but
he will start so that the Cowboys fans know he will be out there
regardless and they can come watch their favorite RB play

juniorseau55 said:
Obviously bro you haven't seen Marshell Shipp Play. His theory is right by the way.
Umm yeah I have. Nice back, nothing special. And no, I don't think people go to Cardinals games to watch Emmit play. Everyone knows he's way past his prime.

LIQUID24 said:
Umm yeah I have. Nice back, nothing special. And no, I don't think people go to Cardinals games to watch Emmit play. Everyone knows he's way past his prime.

I never said people go to Cardinals games to watch Emmitt, I said their Cowboys fan base (some 25,000 strong) go to watch Emmitt play, even
if a few thousand go that's a lot more revenue for the team. Marcel is a nice back, nothing special as you said, but that is still a whole heck of a
lot better than what a broken down Smith will give you.

Finsflurry said:
I never said people go to Cardinals games to watch Emmitt, I said their Cowboys fan base (some 25,000 strong) go to watch Emmitt play, even
if a few thousand go that's a lot more revenue for the team. Marcel is a nice back, nothing special as you said, but that is still a whole heck of a
lot better than what a broken down Smith will give you.
You're right, I misread your post. I do think Shipp is better, but I think the reason Green said Smith is the starter was to motivate Shipp to do better. I expect Shipp will win back the job by the opener, and you're right, Emmit will probably get 5-10 carries.

LIQUID24 said:
Maybe he's trying to send a message to Shipp that he has EARN the starting job.

Or maybe he's trying to send a different message: "We (Cardinals) plan to suck forever". :lol: :goof:

Could be a .500 team this year....reasons...

Coach - Denny Green
WRs - Boldin + Fitzgerald

Back
Top Bottom