Why is it so hard to pick a qb? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is it so hard to pick a qb?

Tatonka

New Poppa
Reaction score
Do you guys worry that no matter who you end up picking, it will be the wrong guy?

I know as a bills fan, i am sick of having a average at best qb.. i miss the days of Kelly vs. Marino..

How many of you guys are confident that if you get Rivers, or Henson, or Ramsey, or Losman, or whoever, that he is gonna come in and do well?

picking a qb sucks.. i hate henson.. and he could turn out to be great.. or he could be a worse p.o.s than chad hutchinsen.. who the hell knows..

:confused:

Henson IMO will be a stud. Comparing Henson to Hutch is like comparing Gold and Bronze... Big difference.

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Henson IMO will be a stud. Comparing Henson to Hutch is like comparing Gold and Bronze... Big difference.

you could totally be right, but that comparison is not my point at all..

i am just saying.. look at all the guys that come and go in the nfl at qb.. all those guys that were supposed to be great and turned out to be akili smith..

why is it so damn hard to find a jim kelly or dan marino? look at the friggen patriots.. they used a 6th rounder on a punk like brady, and he is a 2 time superbowl mvp now.. meanwhile we are stuck with bledsoe and you guys have been stuck with fiedler..

i am just wondering how confident that you are that whoever it is that you end up with is gonna be a stud?

i am not.. i love rivers.. i hope he is a bill.. but he could suck.. so could henson.. you just never know... losman could turn out to be the gem..

ugh.:(

Originally posted by Tatonka

you could totally be right, but that comparison is not my point at all..

i am just saying.. look at all the guys that come and go in the nfl at qb.. all those guys that were supposed to be great and turned out to be akili smith..

why is it so damn hard to find a jim kelly or dan marino? look at the friggen patriots.. they used a 6th rounder on a punk like brady, and he is a 2 time superbowl mvp now.. meanwhile we are stuck with bledsoe and you guys have been stuck with fiedler..

i am just wondering how confident that you are that whoever it is that you end up with is gonna be a stud?

i am not.. i love rivers.. i hope he is a bill.. but he could suck.. so could henson.. you just never know... losman could turn out to be the gem..

ugh.:(
Rivers is a system QB. I like him because of his intangibles, but he won't survive in a verticle offense.

A name no one mentions is Cody Pickett... Any team who grabs him IMO has the steal of the draft.

How confident am I, that whichever QB Miami picks is a stud? It depends on the QB. If the Dolphins end up with Henson, I think they did a great job. If they end up with Pickett, I think they did a great job. If they end up with Ramsey, we'll... I'll assume they're all still morons (unless they get him for cheap).

very interesting about pickett.. what is it that you like about him.. because he was not good at all this past year.. but was great his junior year..

Originally posted by Tatonka
Do you guys worry that no matter who you end up picking, it will be the wrong guy?

I know as a bills fan, i am sick of having a average at best qb.. i miss the days of Kelly vs. Marino..

How many of you guys are confident that if you get Rivers, or Henson, or Ramsey, or Losman, or whoever, that he is gonna come in and do well?

picking a qb sucks.. i hate henson.. and he could turn out to be great.. or he could be a worse p.o.s than chad hutchinsen.. who the hell knows..

:confused:

why do u hate henson? would u feel the same if Barfolo got him instead of us?

I believe Rivers & Henson will do very well. Im not so sure about Losman since i think he is very similar to Leaf esp the attitude. Ramsey has the potential if he plays for the right system & doesnt hold the ball too long.

Drew isn't an avg QB, he just had a bad year.

Tatonka has said all along the he despises Henson. Go the the bills zone and see for yourself. Frankly I could give a rats arse who the dolphins get or who the Bills get qb wise. If I had a gun to my head , I would say Rivers. I just think he is "in the game" where as Henson's desire is sketchy at best.

I agree it is a crapshoot, but sticking to a mediocre QB has got us nowhere... Henson though a huge coup to get w/b the QB of the future and someone who s/b great, but I still worry. Even the dearly departed Brunell has huge question marks for his future abilities. I do not have the answers since there are too many questions such as who will start in 2004 ? where does the cap money come from to pay a quality starter ? what is Jay willing to come back making, etc

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Rivers is a system QB. I like him because of his intangibles, but he won't survive in a verticle offense.

A name no one mentions is Cody Pickett... Any team who grabs him IMO has the steal of the draft.

How confident am I, that whichever QB Miami picks is a stud? It depends on the QB. If the Dolphins end up with Henson, I think they did a great job. If they end up with Pickett, I think they did a great job. If they end up with Ramsey, we'll... I'll assume they're all still morons (unless they get him for cheap).

chow's and galbraith's offenses were/are for the most part verticle offenses, and rivers did great in both of them. i still hope the fo drafts him, but this henson idea is growing on me. oh yea, cdy pickett, you must be kidding me:lol: he looked horrible this past year.

Sadly I have to agree with Tatonka... (ugh agreeing with a Jills fan)

I am sick of mediocrity at the QB spot. Both SB qb's were basically there for the taking and we did not go for them and now they look awesome... I just want a solid QB again... PLEASE!

Back
Top Bottom