Why is the challenge so slow? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is the challenge so slow?

phinfan27

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Booker play looked like a catch and we didn't challenge, and then of course we know the Miller one. Takes way too long for obvious challenge calls.

i thaught teams had a guy watching the game and could call the coach if they see somethign that needs review. i dont know what happened, but im sure it will be a big topic at the next staff meeting.

and this was the first game of the season. and the first with no challenge buzzer. im sure every coach took note of the game and will not make the same mistake Saban made.

even on the Miller play, Saban looked like he wasn't even sure of himself when he threw that flag.

wait, I thought Saban was the best coach in the league???

Justasportsfan said:
even on the Miller play, Saban looked like he wasn't even sure of himself when he threw that flag.

Exactly....had he known though Im sure he would have been in the middle of the field yelling..

phinfan27 said:
Exactly....had he known though Im sure he would have been in the middle of the field yelling..
He probably murdered the teams replay guy after the game. It's not like Saban to be timid. He ripped Goodman for the penalty, I'm sure he's holding someone accountable for not being swift enough on the replays.

Justasportsfan said:
I'm sure he's holding someone accountable for not being swift enough on the replays.

Well I hope he looks in the mirror with his lackidasical underhanded girl throw...:fire:

ch19079 said:
i thaught teams had a guy watching the game and could call the coach if they see somethign that needs review. i dont know what happened, but im sure it will be a big topic at the next staff meeting.

and this was the first game of the season. and the first with no challenge buzzer. im sure every coach took note of the game and will not make the same mistake Saban made.

The Buzzer has been gone for a couple of years now.....partially because of Cowher....his buzzer kept malfunctioning...and finally just said that he would not use it anymore.

HACK

Belichick's comments this AM on the red flag:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Belichick was also asked about a play from Thursday night's NFL opener in which Dolphins coach Nick Saban didn't have his red, challenge flag acknowledged by the officials in time. Steelers tight end Heath Miller scored on the play, although he might have stepped out of bounds before the football broke the goal-line.

Is there an art to throwing to the challenge flag?

"You try to hit them," Belichick joked, drawing laughter from the media in attendance.

The NFL allows head coaches to run on the field, so they can throw the flag at an official's feet.

"You're normally restricted as to how far you can go," Belichick said. "But you can go beyond that to call a timeout or throw the flag to get their attention. In the past, they've always given latitude on that."

Back
Top Bottom