Why is there a separate forum for the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is there a separate forum for the draft?

gattis

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I understand the desire for organization but this one-off for the draft seems kind of silly. I can't imagine nearly as many people check it as often as the "Miami Dolphins" forum, and I'm sure people want to see information related to the draft just as much as any other topic. It feels like a ghost town here, and it seems the majority of the threads in this forum have been moved here as castaways from the main forum as opposed to starting here. Instead of fighting the way users interact with the forums, Finheaven should embrace and facilitate it.

Case in point: I made a post that we will get the 15th pick this year, forgetting that there was a Draft Forum. Someone had actually already posted in the Draft Forum (or perhaps it was moved here earlier than mine). My post already has 3x as many replies from the brief time it was in the main forum. Clearly people are interested in discussing the thread, but the current structure is inhibiting them from doing so.

Spalding,you will put it in the draft forum and you will like it.

The First Rule of Draft Club is, you don't speak about the Draft Club.
Chubbs

lol...imo the best discussion and most knowledgeable posters are found in the draft forum...

why is bread in the bakery section and butter in dairy?

If you have interest in the draft forum, you go there. If you don't, you don't.

But, it'd really put a damper on draft discussion to have to sort through 500 posts of Henne sucks, Henning sucks, etc.

And, I don't think that people in the draft forum mind that it gets fewer visitors. People who are interested in the subject seek it out and post there.

the draft forum gets a lot busier during the offseason and the draft

The way Miami has been the last few years,the draft forum gets busy about mid-season.

Back
Top Bottom