Why keep AJ if not as the return guy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why keep AJ if not as the return guy?

scotgif

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Why has Wanny not named his starting punt, and kickoff returner yet?

I mean, with all the fuss, and worry over Ogden, Minor, Baker, AJ, Simmons, and others making the team this pre-season, why not just name AJ as the guy?

The guy did make the team. If we were going to stick Ward, or Marion back there, then why have the big battle in camp? I just don't get this one.

It's not like we are still a month away from the lion's game. It's in 2 days. C'mon Wanny, just make AJ the top guy on both units. I would like to see Minor back there as well on kickoffs, along with AJ.

seems like they are desparate active spots so that Ward who will be used at WR and Minor who already plays on ST will be used to return punts and kicks respectively. The Fins only use 1 return person on KR and have the other "back" as a blocker, typically Konrad.

I understand all that, but it just seems like such a waste to have this big training camp battle, and then to have the guy who emerges as the appearent winner, end up on the inactive list for the game.

Have I missed something?? I thought Minor was the Kickoff returner and A.J. was the PR. Just checked the NFL depth chart and AJ is listed as first team for both??

Wanny had previously said that he had not "made his mind up", as to who will be handling the return game, at least for this week.

But I just heard Wanny on his radio coach's show say that AJ will "probably" be the guy this week.

But my whole problem with this whole scenario, is that the guy won the job in the pre-season, and it just looks like he will have to bounce back every other week, or so, from the inavctive list.

Back
Top Bottom