Why Miami Should Draft a First Day QB..... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Miami Should Draft a First Day QB.....

I don't have a problem taking a QB later in the draft, but if we keep taking QB"s and than do not give him the right time to grow and mature or surround that QB with a good cast, he's not going to do anything. This approach will cripple our future. Let's finally start building the team right, with a solid foundation, starting with O & D line, see what we have as far as a QB and go from there. Again, no QB will survive or thrive on this team the way it was. JMHO.

Bingo. Beck was a 2nd round pick LAST YEAR on one of the worst teams in the history of the league and the talent surrounding him lived up to that obviously. Give the guy a line and a chance instead of throwing him to the wolves. Even Marino would have done terrible last year at QB most likely.

Ryan will get crushed behind a makeshift OL and playing from behind because we cant stop the run. Look at the supposed franchise QBs that are terrible: David Carr, Alex Smith, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf. These guys go to teams that have so many holes that they cant do it by themselves while they are hailed a saviour to the franchise. If we can start to build a pass rush and get a LT that can give a QB time, accurate QBs like BECK can actually be productive. I mean really, Mark Rypien? Doug Williams? Even Trent Dilfer had a great line in front of him so he could make the occasional play. Look what a good OL can do for your running game? With a rushing attack, your QB becomes better.

This whole argument is bogus. For every Rypien, Williams, and Dilfer you can name, there are 5 times as many Super Bowl games won by Aikmans, Elways, and Mannings(all #1 overall picks btw).

You also bring up the 4 most commonly talked about QBs who went #1 overall and 3 of them busted with Smith pending(personally I think he is pretty good so far and will be a good QB. I dont know why you guys lump him in with the busts. He is 100 times better than Beck anyways).

Dude pretty much every QB who gets taken #1 overall goes on a team with a ton of holes to fill. Thats why they are picking #1.

But, teams frequently take a QB #1 overall. In fact Id be willing to bet that QB is the most common position selected at #1 overall.

So I guess all of these teams who had really bad seasons and had tons of holes to fill have it wrong when they go QB? I guess all of you guys are right and these FO people in the NFL are all morons for taking a QB #1 overall when they have tons of holes to fill. GET REAL.

Elway got the crap kicked out of him his Rookie season, drafting (aquiring actually) him was the best move the franchise did. P. Manning got the crap kicked out of him his rookie season, drafting him was the best thing the Colts did. Bob Griese got the crap kicked out of him the first few seasons he was a Dolphin. I'm sure I could come up with dozens of examples.

Like was already said, you play the hand your dealt. Also as mentioned, if the day comes our line is good enough for you folks, we won't be in any position to draft a franchise QB.

Exactly. We are almost FORCED to take Matt Ryan given the circumstances and I dont see why people dont get that.

Its a complete MYTH that John Beck was always on his back and never had time to make a play. COMPLETE MYTH.

Vernon Carey is a very good LT. Why do you say he was out of position? Because he played great at RT the year before? I dont think he was out of position. I think he will be a solid LT for us should they leave him there. You go tell Carey he is out of position.

:lol: Raining and cold. LMAO! You sound like his mother. I mean the excuses are numerous and some are actually worthy of mentioning, but when you go to raining and cold I just have to laugh. POOR JOHNNY! Didnt have time to throw the wittle bawl. It was wainin on his poor wittle head and it was cold out there for his poor wittle hands. GET REAL!!!!!!!! ITS FOOTBALL! Guess what.........IN FOXBORO, BUFFALO, AND NY ITS ****ING COLD EVERY YEAR LATE IN THE SEASON. We play those teams on the road EVERY YEAR. So guess what. Poor wittle Johnny had damn well be able to produce whether its cold or whatever should we be playing in those places in November and December. Get real with this **** already. It was raining and cold. Jesus Christ.

And stop bringing up Becks college **** and comparing them to Matt Ryans. Its the MWC and the ACC. Just take a look at the players drafted every year and tell me how many come out of each conference. Get real. Of course his college stats are better than Ryans. SO WHAT. Find me one person who will say with a straight face that Beck is a better prospect coming out of college than Ryan. Get real. Just stop already with even suggesting such a thing.

And no one is writing Beck off dude. Maybe some of us though are scared ****less that he just wont be very good based on what we saw out of the guy and wouldnt mind getting a QB in the draft who has an outstanding shot to be a franchise player at the position. Then it really dosent matter much what the hell Beck does. If he continues to blow, then oh well, have a nice one pal. If he turns into a good player then we have a solid backup, a very nice return on investment in trade, or even perhaps a guy who can be the guy should the QB we select this year fail.

And lastly, dude if Stafford comes out next year he will be drafted by the first team that needs a QB, which almost always will be in the top 5. Strong chance Stafford goes #1 overall. He will be the highest rated QB whenever he comes out. Youre not getting Stafford without at least a top 5 pick.

Settle down Beavis. The "wittle" cold and rain in your FIRST two NFL games makes coming out of the gate on fire just a bit harder. My point was to say that the guy has 4 games under his belt. 4 fricken games dude! Give the guy some time before we give up on a 2nd round pick. Why cant we get a QB next year when we pick in the top ten again? How can you justify taking Ryan #1 when you have all these other needs right now. Ryan could be just as much a bust as other QBs taken #1. Teams with a solid OL win games. We are asking a lot of a QB to win on this team. How do you explain Ryan throwing all those INTs at BC? Do you just wipe that out because its college stats? Isnt that we we base our assessments on when we draft? So is Joe Flacco a bust becasue he played at Delaware and never played good competition?

A lot of scouts were high on Beck coming out of college because of his smarts. Let him adjust a bit to the speed of the NFL and get some timing down witht he recievers he has. You really think Ryan would do better in the "wittle" rain and cold last year with that team? Give me a break dude. If we draft Ryan and he sucks his first 4 games whats YOUR excuse going to be? It was too humid and hot in Miami. Poor "wittle" sweaty boy. Did the ball slip from his hands from the sweat causing him to throw all those picks>?

Bingo. Beck was a 2nd round pick LAST YEAR on one of the worst teams in the history of the league and the talent surrounding him lived up to that obviously. Give the guy a line and a chance instead of throwing him to the wolves. Even Marino would have done terrible last year at QB most likely.

THATS A HUGE NEGATIVE!! :bs:

You obviously arent familiar with the skills of Dan Marino. Dude, seriously dont ever compare John Beck to Marino or suggest that Dan would be capable of playing to his level. Big negative.

GET REAL! If Dan were on the team last year we win 8 games EASY. Ronnie being injured wouldnt even have been a factor. Name one good back Dan ever had anyways. With Dan in there we dont trade Chambers because our offense actually has some success.

You guys so underestimate the signifigance of having an elite QB. You always suggest how having a good OL and other positions is an aide to the QB which is true, but you ignore the converse effect that having a good QB makes everyone elses job easier.

Having a QB who can threaten the defense makes it difficult for defenses to stack up on the run because they have to defend the whole field.

Having a good QB takes pressure off the OL because the defense has to work alot harder.

Having a good QB makes your whole team better. You guys need to get real. Thats why garbage teams with the #1 overall pick often take a QB with that selection. Because professional GMs who do this for a living are smarter than you and realize this fact that a good QB has the effects Im talking about and therefore is much more important than any other position.

Youre suggesting that all these GMs are morons and that more teams should build from the inside out and then get the QB. WRONG!!! The GMs are right and you arent. WE NEED A QB!

Settle down Beavis. The "wittle" cold and rain in your FIRST two NFL games makes coming out of the gate on fire just a bit harder. My point was to say that the guy has 4 games under his belt. 4 fricken games dude! Give the guy some time before we give up on a 2nd round pick. Why cant we get a QB next year when we pick in the top ten again? How can you justify taking Ryan #1 when you have all these other needs right now. Ryan could be just as much a bust as other QBs taken #1. Teams with a solid OL win games. We are asking a lot of a QB to win on this team. How do you explain Ryan throwing all those INTs at BC? Do you just wipe that out because its college stats? Isnt that we we base our assessments on when we draft? So is Joe Flacco a bust becasue he played at Delaware and never played good competition?

A lot of scouts were high on Beck coming out of college because of his smarts. Let him adjust a bit to the speed of the NFL and get some timing down witht he recievers he has. You really think Ryan would do better in the "wittle" rain and cold last year with that team? Give me a break dude. If we draft Ryan and he sucks his first 4 games whats YOUR excuse going to be? It was too humid and hot in Miami. Poor "wittle" sweaty boy. Did the ball slip from his hands from the sweat causing him to throw all those picks>?

I try not to make excuses for players except Dan Marino.

And if you want to know how Ryan performs in the rain in the clutch against top level competition........go about 70 miles from where Im sitting right now and ask Frank Beamer.

This whole argument is bogus. For every Rypien, Williams, and Dilfer you can name, there are 5 times as many Super Bowl games won by Aikmans, Elways, and Mannings(all #1 overall picks btw).

You also bring up the 4 most commonly talked about QBs who went #1 overall and 3 of them busted with Smith pending(personally I think he is pretty good so far and will be a good QB. I dont know why you guys lump him in with the busts. He is 100 times better than Beck anyways).

Dude pretty much every QB who gets taken #1 overall goes on a team with a ton of holes to fill. Thats why they are picking #1.

But, teams frequently take a QB #1 overall. In fact Id be willing to bet that QB is the most common position selected at #1 overall.

So I guess all of these teams who had really bad seasons and had tons of holes to fill have it wrong when they go QB? I guess all of you guys are right and these FO people in the NFL are all morons for taking a QB #1 overall when they have tons of holes to fill. GET REAL.

Get over it! Matt Ryan is NOT a franchise QB!! You cant tell me that there is no possibility that next year there wont be a prospect (Matt Ryan is a PROSPECT by the way) as good as Ryan. Why not take a lineman in one of the best drafts for lineman and take your chances on a Qb next year. Heck, maybe there will be trade options or FA that we can go after. OL and DL have better chances of making an immediate impact than a QB.

All i am saying is that we invested a top 40 pick in a QB and we assessed him over 4 games in bad conditions, with no protection, nobody to throw to (Hagan, Ginn, Booker) and no running threat. I know somebody has to agree that with a better line, a healthy running game and more experience will give the fins front office enough data to accurately assess Beck. If he suck$ this year then maybe we pull the plug and go for another in the draft. Unless we can move back in the draft, its silly to pick Ryan #1.

Go ahead and draft Ryan #1 and put him behind that line. He will force throws and get them picked off. Im not saying Beck is the answer but lets give it some time before we use our #1 overall pick on another prospect at QB.

Are you saying that Ryan is the BEST player in this draft? Is he far and away the best QB? I think not.

i think we will get a qb in the 2nd or 3rd rounds

THATS A HUGE NEGATIVE!! :bs:

You obviously arent familiar with the skills of Dan Marino. Dude, seriously dont ever compare John Beck to Marino or suggest that Dan would be capable of playing to his level. Big negative.

GET REAL! If Dan were on the team last year we win 8 games EASY. Ronnie being injured wouldnt even have been a factor. Name one good back Dan ever had anyways. With Dan in there we dont trade Chambers because our offense actually has some success.

You guys so underestimate the signifigance of having an elite QB. You always suggest how having a good OL and other positions is an aide to the QB which is true, but you ignore the converse effect that having a good QB makes everyone elses job easier.

Having a QB who can threaten the defense makes it difficult for defenses to stack up on the run because they have to defend the whole field.

Having a good QB takes pressure off the OL because the defense has to work alot harder.

Having a good QB makes your whole team better. You guys need to get real. Thats why garbage teams with the #1 overall pick often take a QB with that selection. Because professional GMs who do this for a living are smarter than you and realize this fact that a good QB has the effects Im talking about and therefore is much more important than any other position.

Youre suggesting that all these GMs are morons and that more teams should build from the inside out and then get the QB. WRONG!!! The GMs are right and you arent. WE NEED A QB!

Marino had Clayton, Duper and Moore. We had Ginn, Hagan and Booker. If you are going ot compare, then do it right. Nobody is comaring Marino to Beck. Any moron can understand that.

Is Ryan that much better than Henne or Brohm? we will find out some day.

QB busts that were picked top 10

from ESPN:

all hailed as franchise QBs.

Leaf (2)
Shuler (3)
Carr (1)
Ware (7)
Klingler (6)
Couch (1)
Blackledge (7)
Akili SMith (3)

'nuff said.

this alone shows how completely bias you are. Alex Smith was inarguably worse than Beck when he was a rookie, with equal or better talent around him 1 TD, 11 INT. Yeah....that's 100x better than Beck. :rolleyes2:

I don't care how many times you want to claim that you haven't completely passed judgement on Beck, statements like that PROVE that you have.

Marino had Clayton, Duper and Moore. We had Ginn, Hagan and Booker. If you are going ot compare, then do it right. Nobody is comaring Marino to Beck. Any moron can understand that.

Is Ryan that much better than Henne or Brohm? we will find out some day.

You mean, Clayton and Duper had Marino. Again, you keep getting it backwards. Clayton and Duper were pretty good, but on another team without Marino they probably dont have anything close to the success they had and just maybe look like avg. receivers. Dan made ALOT of players look good and alot better than what they actually were. Any moron can understand that.

You mean, Clayton and Duper had Marino. Again, you keep getting it backwards. Clayton and Duper were pretty good, but on another team without Marino they probably dont have anything close to the success they had and just maybe look like avg. receivers. Dan made ALOT of players look good and alot better than what they actually were. Any moron can understand that.
Great fan you are, trying to diminish the talents of some of our teams best receivers. Let me say that Marino is one of my favorite Dolphins all time. I love the guy, like most of us, and think he was the greatest QB ever, but it's true, even he would've not done much on that 1-15 team last year. It was only his 1st. 4 games for Beck, whereas you're judging Marino from his whole career.

You see where great pressure and mediocre blocking got the NE Patriots in the Superbowl this year, right? ..you would consider Tom Brady a great QB, right? ..so , if in that game he looked like that, how do you think he would've looked on our 1-15 team?, they were a Superbowl team at least!

Would Matt Ryan have done better? Get over the man/love thing, bro....... ...it's getting a little creepy!:D

Exactly. We are almost FORCED to take Matt Ryan given the circumstances and I dont see why people dont get that.

LOL..you are crazy man. Wow..what a ludicrous statement that is. First off, you don't HAVE to draft your franchise QB. You can acquire one in FA or trade that is already devloped.

Having a good Oline sets up the run game and allows a QB to develop. The game is won and lost in the trenches. This is simple football 101. We do not have a good Oline until we get 2-3 more guys there that are really good. Do you really think that if Beck does not work out that we will not be able to get another QB? I mean..cmon.

Quit being such a blind Ryan homer, it's an embarassment to have to read posts like that.

Are you serious? Do you even watch football? Wow, you know nothing at all. It's like watching a small child attempt algebra. You are completely clueless and laughably inept at posting on an NFL football board. This post is so bad in so many ways that I hope your children and grandchildren read it one day and lose all respect for you the same way I just have.

Back
Top Bottom