Why not blame the offensive line?????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not blame the offensive line??????

FinaticalOne

DieHard FinFan 4 Life
Reaction score
I don't think Norv called a bad game. I don't blame Wanny for this loss either, there will always be some questionable calls but his play-calling was alright enough to win this game. It all starts and ends up front. The offensive line was to blame for our loss last night. Fiedler and Ricky got pummeled yesterday. Fiedler had no time to throw, and Ricky had no lanes to run through. I think we have the "dumbest" offensive line in the league. They do not know how to block the 3-4 scheme. You can see the o-line was confused half the time, not sure on who to block. I always worry when we face a team that runs the 3-4, we block like crap when we go up against it everytime. Our defense was great, only gave up a questionable field goal. Todd Wade and Wade Smith screwed up badly last night. They were blitzing from the edge untouched everytime. PATHETIC!!!!

Maybe the real problem is Tony Wise. Once again, he failed to have the o-line prepared for the 3-4 scheme.

The Pats D is a very good D, I'm not trying to take any credit away from them. I'm just looking at the faults on my team that need to improve.

Congrats Pats on the AFC East title and good luck in the playoffs.

Originally posted by FinaticalOne
I don't think Norv called a bad game. I don't blame Wanny for this loss either, there will always be some questionable calls but his play-calling was alright enough to win this game. It all starts and ends up front. The offensive line was to blame for our loss last night. Fiedler and Ricky got pummeled yesterday. Fiedler had no time to throw, and Ricky had no lanes to run through. I think we have the "dumbest" offensive line in the league. They do not know how to block the 3-4 scheme. You can see the o-line was confused half the time, not sure on who to block. I always worry when we face a team that runs the 3-4, we block like crap when we go up against it everytime. Our defense was great, only gave up a questionable field goal. Todd Wade and Wade Smith screwed up badly last night. They were blitzing from the edge untouched everytime. PATHETIC!!!!

Maybe the real problem is Tony Wise. Once again, he failed to have the o-line prepared for the 3-4 scheme.

The Pats D is a very good D, I'm not trying to take any credit away from them. I'm just looking at the faults on my team that need to improve.

Congrats Pats on the AFC East title and good luck in the playoffs.

Finally, someone in this room who realizes the real problem with this offense. The O-Line stinks:

Wade Smith is an undersized rookie who gets beat consistently.
Jamie Nails is nothing like he was last year.
Tim Ruddy is on the back side of his career.
Todd Perry is the only person on this line I would keep.
Todd Wade is so inconsistent it's pathetic.

This was a game that should have been won on the ground. You have a back that can pound the ball, but he can't make his own holes. Not many backs can. And when you have an average passing game at best, it even makes it worse.

What amazes me is that Wannstedt had the ability to recognize this in the off season. He said that the offensive line was the major area of concern and would be addressed. What enrages me is that he did NOTHING to address it. NOTHING!

So, again the Dolphins do just enough to lift our hopes but when it all counts they are exposed again. This wasn't the fault of anyone on defense. The QB is not to blame nor anyone else on offense. It all starts and ends with the front four. THEY SUCK as a unit!

So, yes Wannstedt may be gone after this season, but if you're thinking a new QB will change things think again. Unless this offensive line becomes the #1 priority then you will end up with the same results.

Ricky makes a difference!!! (Too bad the offensive line negates it!)

Re: Re: Why not blame the offensive line??????

Originally posted by dreaded34

Finally, someone in this room who realizes the real problem with this offense. The O-Line stinks:

Wade Smith is an undersized rookie who gets beat consistently.
Jamie Nails is nothing like he was last year.
Tim Ruddy is on the back side of his career.
Todd Perry is the only person on this line I would keep.
Todd Wade is so inconsistent it's pathetic.

This was a game that should have been won on the ground. You have a back that can pound the ball, but he can't make his own holes. Not many backs can. And when you have an average passing game at best, it even makes it worse.

What amazes me is that Wannstedt had the ability to recognize this in the off season. He said that the offensive line was the major area of concern and would be addressed. What enrages me is that he did NOTHING to address it. NOTHING!

So, again the Dolphins do just enough to lift our hopes but when it all counts they are exposed again. This wasn't the fault of anyone on defense. The QB is not to blame nor anyone else on offense. It all starts and ends with the front four. THEY SUCK as a unit!

So, yes Wannstedt may be gone after this season, but if you're thinking a new QB will change things think again. Unless this offensive line becomes the #1 priority then you will end up with the same results.

Ricky makes a difference!!! (Too bad the offensive line negates it!)

Well put man.:cool:

2 better o-line players and we would own the division. need a bigger better center, and a premier left tackle. but we will not have same defense next year.... is whole new ballgame.

I did not watch the game since Den-KC game was aired in No. California but I did watch Berman's ESPN highlights.

While I do not totally disagree with your points here, this question remains to be asked - Don't you think that the Weather played a part in the O-Line performance yesterday? I am not saying we have a great line but they have been playing decent lately.

Mark Sclerreth (sp ?) who used to be a pretty good O-lineman and is now with ESPN was on air on Friday night and he said that O-line absolutely hate to play in this kind of weather and the D-line has huge advantage over them. May be they had trouble doing their job run or pass blocking because of the weather. Advantage Patriots Defense which is already pretty good despite average at best talent on paper but great schemses.

Originally posted by A/C Dorsal
2 better o-line players and we would own the division. need a bigger better center, and a premier left tackle. but we will not have same defense next year.... is whole new ballgame.

Yes, I agree here. And this is what makes reality at this point in the season more frustrating. Each year is wait till next year......well, pretty soon there will be no next year for the current defense this team has.

appaerntly no one sees how piss poor the coaching is and not to mention the qb play. line or no line fiedler is injury prone and is overpaid

Fiedler got drilled on several occassions due to the O-line.

I blame 3/4 of the game on the line.

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever
appaerntly no one sees how piss poor the coaching is and not to mention the qb play. line or no line fiedler is injury prone and is overpaid

Coaching is fine. Fiedler gets what he deserves. However, personel moves were not made that should have been.

This o-line sucks yes its true but instead of investing into the defense why did our coaching staff go after depth on defense rather than improve the o-line? Wait, I know the answer, defense wins games..... That is all well and good but you also have to score some points and you know it crossed Wanny's mind at least until they lost Gandy with a Cheesy offer. Then he gave up on the offense and improved a very good defense. Unfortunately Wanny is just a coach that coaches not to lose rather than to win.

We definitely need to get a better O-line and QB quick! This D will not be around forever. There is no reason why we should be scoring ZERO points with Big RW and Chambers on our team!

Originally posted by dreaded34

Coaching is fine. Fiedler gets what he deserves. However, personel moves were not made that should have been.
coaching is fine??????? you need to stop drinking our coaching sucks

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever
coaching is fine??????? you need to stop drinking our coaching sucks

Please elaborate....tell me how the game was coached wrong yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom