Why not Edwards ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Edwards ?

finjim

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I mean he looked good when he played for us, he's only 29. Why not give him a shot ?

Invite him to camp, give him a shot. If he is no good, cut him.....

I would love to see him do well. He got screwed at the probowl, he has had one more year of rehab. I would love to see him do well....for the Dolphins.....

I see no reaosn not to extent an invitation. He was a first round pick and may be EXTREMELY motivated to show his ability. I thought he did a decent job as our 3rd down back in Ricky's first year. Cant hurt to give him a shot. My only concern with him is I just dont know if he even had the kind of speed I would like to see at that position. I think he may be more in the A-Train, Antuan Smith mold.

I think that Robert Edwards should definately be considered. He had over a 1000 yds. his rookie year in NE and was goin to be the replacement for Curtis Martin before the knee injury. He showed good ability in 2002 in the first couple of games of 2002, but travis minors development forced him into lesser playing time. Last year the dolphins wanted to go younger with leonard herny and Wanny said several times that he was surpised that minor didnt land with another team.

he has as much ability as Thomas or Mack, and will play for the league minimum, a no-brainer in my book.

finjim said:
he has as much ability as Thomas or Mack, and will play for the league minimum, a no-brainer in my book.
Mack is a different type of back than edwards and thomas is, i still think they should invite him in for a try out. i definately think hes got more to offer than tery kirby or thung canidate

Back
Top Bottom