Why not OGun for A-Train & Terrell??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not OGun for A-Train & Terrell???

KBISBACK said:
What makes you think that everything the team has done this offseason hasn't worked?

Jeno James has become the leader of the offensive line and is proving to be a much better value at his price than either Damien Woody or John Tait would have been.

AJ Feeley is starting to separate himself from Jay Fiedler with his ability to throw the ball down the field.

Reggie Howard is proving to be a great addition to the secondary, and Antwan Edwards is showing enough versatility that they are working him in as the dime back as well as at safety.

This draft class this team has brought in is looking like a great draft class, with Vernon Carey pretty much a guarantee to start at either right tackle or right guard. Will Poole will make an immediate impact on defense and special teams. Tony Bua and Derrick Pope are showing that they have a spot on this team and could be future starters at linebacker. Rex Hadnot has already locked up the back up center position and may force them to give him a look at right guard at some point. Only Tony Pape has failed to distinguish himself.

This team also has some rookie free agent's and the typical under the radar finds that Rick has done a great job of in the past. Fred Russell not only looks like he will make the team, he looks to contribute as well. Doug Easlick may get a spot as the back up fullback and is showing great lead blocking abaility in practice. An under the radar find looks to be defensive end T.J. Bingham, who is a player that is making the coaches take notice of his natural but raw skills.

Outside of a few things that have been completely been overblown, this offseason has not been as bad as many want to make it out to be.

Are you serious? Not as bad as I may want to make it out to be? BAD IS BAD.
This was a horrible off season. THe draft picks weve gotten so far SEEM good, but the jury is still out. Thus far, the offseason has been the worst of any team in the league.

Hopefully the fins will do bad this year so we can get some good draft picks!

GO FINS

KBISBACK said:
Outside of a few things that have been completely been overblown, this offseason has not been as bad as many want to make it out to be.

I agree....

I still think if we decide to trade O-Gun, it needs to be for a proven player to replace the loss of Boston. I want nothing to do with any players from Chicago. They've got nothing worth looking at IMO...

If anything happens with O-Gun, it needs to be worth our while....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

This has been a bad offseason as far as injuries and unexpected player movements.

Personnel wise I don't think this has been a bad offseason. we had a very good draft and we picked up some players on offense (Boston did get hurt).

I know we are probably going to have a long year, but the future looks bright.

I've heard Pape has looked better of late, so he may end up pushing guys like Whitley, Yates and Jerman for a roster spot.
Don't forget that Dave is almost to the point of being so satsfied with St. Clair at Rt that it makes it easy to move Carey to guard. DMac was a good addition at a safe price with all kinds of clauses if he can't play, but pays him well if/when he can and he gives us a guy who has started over 35 games at OLT in this league, further enhancing our depth on the OL.
I wonder how many fans were crying what the heck when Rick traded up to draft Hadnot? Well, now you can see why he did it, this may be the biggest steal of our draft. No pun intended.
With John Jones already firmly entrenched in the doghouse, it may give Ben Moa a chance to make it too. Even though he is listed with the FBs, it seems like I read he was being considered as a combination H-back/FB/TE type, and if he makes a splash on special teams, Jones may be sent packing.
Quintin Williams is a solid safety prospect that could make the practice squad and Kevin Mitchell was every bit as good a college defender as Bua and Pope, so could make the practice squad at least too. Kevin Millhouse is a solid zone type of corner with a fine speed/size ratio.
Andy Wagstrom was a fine RT at the Div II level who is now competing at guard and could also be a good practice squad candidate.
This group of undrafted rookies could be as nice a group as Spielman has brought in the past few years.

I can always count on you Keith to keep a level, logical head about things.

KBISBACK said:
An under the radar find looks to be defensive end T.J. Bingham, who is a player that is making the coaches take notice of his natural but raw skills.

Another free agent DE that has been mentioned favorably is Ronald Flemons, who has always been considered athletic as DEs go, but seemed to lack the moves and instincts to live up to his AA. He came out of college underaged as seniors go and needed to mature and add some muscle mass so it is logical that he'd be a late bloomer. The coaches also like what he has shown so far. Don't forget too that Aaron Hunt is the Big 12 and Texas Tech career sacks leader, so he was a good prospect to throw in the mix.

dolphinpower said:
Are you serious? Not as bad as I may want to make it out to be? BAD IS BAD.
This was a horrible off season. THe draft picks weve gotten so far SEEM good, but the jury is still out. Thus far, the offseason has been the worst of any team in the league.

Hopefully the fins will do bad this year so we can get some good draft picks!

GO FINS

The worst of any team in the league? For you to make that assertion, have you closely evaluated the off seasons, free agent losses and additions and drafts of every other team?
Really, no one can exactly say who had the worst or best off season, draft, whatever, until we play at least the coming season and see what happens on the field.
I've been talking to KBISBACK on Dolphins message boards for 6 or 7 years and after you've known him as long, you will realize he makes consistently insiteful, well thought out, informed observations.

Back
Top Bottom