Why Not OL? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not OL?

knoxpk

Starter
Reaction score
I keep seeing us talk about drafting a QB or WR and in the polls no one is high on line, yet in another 5 page thread all we can talk about is how awesome the OL's of the Panthers and Pats played yesterday. We say things like Ricky could do this with that line, I could play QB with that line. But the bottom line we keep asking ofr Eli or Reggie Williams.

My thought is we draft the best OL we can in round 1(doesnt matter if he may slip to round 2, we have NO round 2,right?) and IF we get another pick in round 1 grab a WR. Round 3 seems to hold a QB or 2 we might still find value in(Rivers??will he fall that far?).

In FA we need to nab at least 1 really solid OL player that can pass protect, run block and is a nasty SOB that can teach our younger guys how to step up.
We then should address our QB situation with a player than can throw downfield and manage a game.

What do you think?

......................OR how about this angle. Say we get a very good o-lineman in FA and we also manage to get Brunell AND we have 2 1st round picks (O-gun)....What do you think about getting the best WR available with one and then just the best player, regardless of position, with the other?

Originally posted by knoxpk
......................OR how about this angle. Say we get a very good o-lineman in FA and we also manage to get Brunell AND we have 2 1st round picks (O-gun)....What do you think about getting the best WR available with one and then just the best player, regardless of position, with the other?

I think we could use 2 O-line guys, so I'd still like to see Carey.

Or how bout this? build your Oline for the future not just for one or two years and get your WR in FA? that way, you dont get some high priced WR who ends up not showing up for two to three years and your still stuck with an average line that is what we need most of all! Bottom line for me is that if we had a Line like KC or Pats or Tennesee, we couldve won 12 games even with thompson at WR. Ill take the Oline over the WR. WR's are too arrogant sometimes and overpaid as rookies especially. we got chris chambers who was the 8th guy taken. We could do the same again in the 3rd or 4th round. i trust spielman to get one good enough to win. If we dont get Olinemen, and i mean not just one in FA, but draft a couple more, then we will always have trouble.

BUILD THE DAMN OLINE!

O-Line baby!

If it takes 2 get 2!!!

OLINE OLINE OLINE OLINE OLINE!

OL Is The Key!!!!:D

It wont really matter who the starting QB will be if we can fix the OL. A strong OL will give Ricky more room to run, and the QB more time to find the WR's.....

We all assume, after such a poor season, that our current group of WR's is average at best. Maybe we're wrong. Maybe they aren't really that bad....

The problem could be on the OL. Give the QB more time to throw. Give the WR's more time to get open. Look at the Pats, their WR's are no better than ours IMO. The difference is the time Brady gets to find his man....

The OL is key. We must fix that first. Why go after a top shelf QB or WR if the OL can't get the job done???....

FIX THE OL FIRST!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Hopefully we can address OL alot in FA. If we land 2 good ones [doubtful, cap space] we can think more about WR AFTER we pick a QB 1st. Brunell would only be a temp, much like Fiedler was supposed to be. granted, a rook wouldn't start next yr and this seems to be a good yr for us to get one. But i would nEVER take the best athltlete available in the early rnds unless it's a a nee position. Why take another CB if that's what it boils down to? I've always believed in drafting for need first. The last 2 rnds doesn't matter as much.

Couldn't agree more. OL all the way!

Two FA's (Jeno James Baby!) - then draft one at some point.

Go with Brunell in FA and a QB for future in draft. Then, pick up another FA WR (not a big money guy) or draft one in mid rounds again. I think it will be enough.

A great run blocking and pass blocking OL can make a lot of WR's look a WHOLE lot better when there is time for them to get open.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins
Couldn't agree more. OL all the way!

Two FA's (Jeno James Baby!) - then draft one at some point.

Go with Brunell in FA and a QB for future in draft. Then, pick up another FA WR (not a big money guy) or draft one in mid rounds again. I think it will be enough.

A great run blocking and pass blocking OL can make a lot of WR's look a WHOLE lot better when there is time for them to get open.

Hear hear.

OLINE OLINE OLINE!!
Say it with me! Get us a playoff caliber :
OLINE OLINE OLINE!

How about getting a decent O-Line coach...? It aint just the players.

True the line is brutal, but the running game also suffers from the anemic passing game. Noone fears our passing game and a 1st rd WR or QB would help quite a bit. Help both the general offense and the run. The pats O line is good but not fantastic, the best o line in the league is in KC. They are at home. I feel we need to improve either WR or QB in the 1st round where you may get better skill position players and improve the o line VIA free agency.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
True the line is brutal, but the running game also suffers from the anemic passing game. Noone fears our passing game and a 1st rd WR or QB would help quite a bit. Help both the general offense and the run. The pats O line is good but not fantastic, the best o line in the league is in KC. They are at home. I feel we need to improve either WR or QB in the 1st round where you may get better skill position players and improve the o line VIA free agency.

Speaking of O-line....did y'all see Donnelly (former Dolphin) smiling ear to ear in the locker room after the Panthers win? Good for him. Happy for the guy. Still don't agree with letting him go.

Ok I am going to get on the phone and call Dan and tell him we have a plan.(lol)

Tell him to grab the meanest,nastiest, best O-lineman out there in FA. then get us another for depth.
Let O-gun go to whomever and with that pick grab a rook QB to sit behind Brunell while he learns to win a Super Bowl. (Brunell can get us there with a better OLINE)
With the other pick draft another O-lineman(what could it hurt).
In the later rounds look to replace what we lost while making cap room.

Get Yerimiah Bell healthy and see what he can do at Safety(wasnt he highly regarded before gtting hurt, how is he now? I can see this being another Ogun type story)
I havent given up on Tolver either. All the camp reports I read from forum members said he caught anything within 3 yeards of him so with a better O-line he has more time to get open.

Get rid of Marion.

What do you think?

OLINE OLINE OLINE!

Back
Top Bottom