Why Not OL? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not OL?

HAHAHAHAHAHA....how could he NOT listen to FinHeaven?!?!

I have complete faith that they'll make the moves this off-season they see best for the team. Wayne H, Danny and Rick have all said the want to win "NOW!"

I reeeeeeeally can't help but feel the coaching staff (primarily Wanny, Norv and Bates) will be under fire next year. If we make good player moves and STILL struggle, what kind of record will cause them to be fired you think...whether it be mid-season or after the season?

I agree we need O-line, but not in the draft, not until late at least.

We NEED O-line, but not because we're built to win now, as many people say we are. We ARE built to win now, but we are also in a great position. IF we get this team sparked, tehy could win the SB in the next 2 years, and THEN when our defense starts to taper off, we'll have a high powered offense to fall back on.

That High powered offense will be lead by a younger Ricky, a young chambers, and McMichael. In 2 years the defense will start to taper off, so we will NEED to draft a QB this year. In order to have a QB ready to step up and run this team in 2 years, we have to draft a QB now, end of story. If he's ready sooner, great, but we NEED the QB. Drafting O-line would be foresaking the future for NOW, something we can't do.

Phin fans, of all fans should know the effects of foresaking the future for now. Look at our current team. Instead of drafting a project QB to replace marino, they drafted NOW players. Marino retired what, 4 years ago? And we STILL haven't found an adequate replacement. We put all our stock in him, and came up empty handed (not your fault danny! it's the head office's fault).

So WHY would you put all your stock in this current team, foresaking the future? Sure, we'd have an O-line, but no o-line will be able to open holes when the defense stacks the box against Ricky. We NEED a passing game as well.

Draft the rookie QB, and start grooming him. Try to address the O-line in the FA and draft O-line top NEXT YEAR. THe QB will take 2-3 years to groom, but the linemen can walk on and play in many instances. No, the QB won't help us next year, but neither will OL. Who will they protect in that pocket? If we're going OL get it in the FA this year, and draft for the future of it nextyear. But we need someone in the most important position on the team............QB.

is hard to get help for the o-line on free agency cos they al want big money that we don't have. I think we could get Brunell and maybe a WR(they want big money too tho)then in the 1st round we could get an o-lineman or a wr and a qb in round 3 unless there's someone too good to pass on.

Ozzy rules!!

up the irons!!

OI dont know what is satisfactory for the Front office. 10-6 and mssing the playoffs seem to make them happy. BUT as a manager myself, if I see an issue that doesnt get corrected over and over Ihave to make a change.
IMO if we get the same top rated D effort and the same bottom rated "O" I would think coach Dave might eb a goner. But I thought the same thing this year.
Anyway on to some of the other posts.

I beleive we can get an impact lineman and QB in FA AND a young QB in the draft too. I dont know if WR is as big a need as we think once OL and QB gets fixed. If we have that extra pick in round 1 and 3 who's to say we cant land a guy that can be a #2 or #3 on ur team. I am still waiting to see what Tolver can do if we have an O-lone that gives the qb more than 2 seconds to throw.

ANyway, what sthe word on Yerimiah Bell,Safety?

he was a late round draft pick with a big injury. But reading about him last year he was consdiered an NFL player before that. Is he going to be healthy enough to compete for playing time?

I think even with a loss or 2 on defense if we have an offense that can store and hold the ball our D will be fine.
I mean we get pressure on the Qb and play the run well. We might not get as many coverage sacks but I think we can offset that by having teams worried about our scoring.

Right now teams have the luxury of trying everything in their playbooks on us. We cannot score so all the teams are in the game at the end.

I guess the O line crowd comes to the show on Mondays. QB and WR crowds are around on sundays. :lol:

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Speaking of O-line....did y'all see Donnelly (former Dolphin) smiling ear to ear in the locker room after the Panthers win? Good for him. Happy for the guy. Still don't agree with letting him go.

We didn't have a choice in the matter. He was a FA and Boudreax, the OL coach then, went to Carolina when they hired John Fox and Donnalley just followed him there and never considered any Fins offer.
btw, Boudreax was donnalley's oL coach at tenn also and Boudreax was the reason Donnalley came to Miami to begin with.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
HAHAHAHAHAHA....how could he NOT listen to FinHeaven?!?!

I have complete faith that they'll make the moves this off-season they see best for the team. Wayne H, Danny and Rick have all said the want to win "NOW!"

I reeeeeeeally can't help but feel the coaching staff (primarily Wanny, Norv and Bates) will be under fire next year. If we make good player moves and STILL struggle, what kind of record will cause them to be fired you think...whether it be mid-season or after the season?

I agree that we should expect better personel moves this off season, but I expect only similar results over the last 2 years. Our best real chance is to win the AFCE and not even consider a WC possibilty since too many wierd things happen in that respect anymore. i just don't see us winning the AFCE for 2 simple reasons.
1) Wannstedt
2) Billichek............I don't see the Pats being hurt much this offseason and should be the the front runners yet again next yr. besides, BB can get more out of any of his players than Wanny could ever hope to just dream about.

Back
Top Bottom