Why not put Kay Jay at FB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not put Kay Jay at FB?

suprised that nobody's mentioned the best blocker on the roster right now, Jamar Martin.....he's a big bull that has fantastic blocking skills

We already have three FB's in Heath Evans, Sammy Morris, and Jamar Martin. I'm thinking Jamar Martin is going to probably get released because I doubt he'll fit well in Linehan's system. I'm not sure I'd like the idea of playing Kay Jay Harris "somewhat" out of position. We don't know if he has the capability of playing FB in the NFL. Just because you're big and powerful doesn't always mean you have the physical ability to be a good pass and rush blocker, not to mention the mental awareness. I'm happy with Heath Evans or Sammy Morris starting at FB. And... Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Lamar Gordon, and Kay Jay Harris at RB on the Depth Chart (in that order). With Travis Minor being cut.

it's that whole versitility thing again

Brown- rb/fb/h-back with great hands and blocking ability
Gordon- Good hands, seemed to be a decent runner
Harris- good runner, decent hands
William- great runner but baby hands and little blocking
morris- can run and block
Evans- Seattle's back up Fb- good blocker, decent hands
Martin- bull of a blocker- not much else

pick a combo or two out of these. The more options, the harder it is for defenses to plan.

phinfan77 said:
it's that whole versitility thing again

Brown- rb/fb/h-back with great hands and blocking ability
Gordon- Good hands, seemed to be a decent runner
Harris- good runner, decent hands
William- great runner but baby hands and little blocking
morris- can run and block
Evans- Seattle's back up Fb- good blocker, decent hands
Martin- bull of a blocker- not much else

pick a combo or two out of these. The more options, the harder it is for defenses to plan.

At least One of these will have to go--My bet is it will be Martin

FanMarino said:
and whats wrong with Heath Evans? little secret i have to give ya, did u know he blocked for one of the NFL's leading rushers in Alexander!!! jeez!!
Did you know that he was the BACKUP of one of the NFL's best FBs which blocked for Alexander? Alexander's success has nothing to do with Evans.

hey WVfan, Bluefield huh? My mom grew up in Iaeger! Been down to Pocahontas VA too back in the day, my Grandama used to live there.

1. we won't manage our backs like we used to, i predict.

2. what makes him a fb? blocking? lining up in the fb spot? if it's the former, then kay jay isn't the guy for the job. if it's the latter, then sure i could see it once in a while. still he's not necessarily a better powerback than the other 4 RBs we have.

3. if ronnie needed a breather, and he sat out, put your power back as HB and still put a FB in there to block for him.

i highly doubt we are ever going to see ronnie at the full back position. even if its just a decoy, id hope that we dont pay him truck loads of money to be rw's decoy, or the most expensive lead blocker in the league. think about it, if we put ronnie at fb hes gonna have to block at some point, or teams will know exactly what play we plan on running, and im not to keen on ramming ronnie into the line and linebackers without he ball.....

imagine kay and Brown in the backfield on a third and short.

will it be a long pass to Booker, chambers or Boston?

a short out to Mcmicheal?

a flat pass to either RB?

the only problem with that phinfan77 is that it sounds like there is 12 men on the field, so the only thing that happened on your 3rd and short was a penalty for too many men on the field

hey WVfan, Bluefield huh? My mom grew up in Iaeger! Been down to Pocahontas VA too back in the day, my Grandama used to live there.

Iager you say? wow, thats really back in the boonies..lol

Back
Top Bottom