MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
His stats this year:

Yr Tm G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
03 MD 2 0 6 4 66.7 50 8.33 21 1 0 0/0 1 0 131.9

Not a bad start, now let give him some time..for a person to be 4 out of 6 for 50 and 1 TD to no ints. There might be something there.

He's from Iowa State U. Cold weather balling shouldn't hurt him.

Didn't have a River's type year, but the Iowa State cyclones didn't throw much, more a running team....can you say Chris Chambers..

More his college career. actually this might change my mind, but he's hung around the nfl now for 3 years..time for some production.

I would love to see Sage get out there and have his shot.

I imagine Trestman will seriously evaluate Sage and his capabilities in the 'Phins assessment of what to do @ QB.

Can you imagine anything more gratifying to Trestman than to be able to develop our own No. 3 QB into a legitimte starter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Agua
I imagine Trestman will seriously evaluate Sage and his capabilities in the 'Phins assessment of what to do @ QB.

Can you imagine anything more gratifying to Trestman than to be able to develop our own No. 3 QB into a legitimte starter?

Now this is what I'm talking about..that would be good, rare, but good.

By Gosh MD I think you may be onto something!! Why not Sage indeed!!! How did you find this guy??? ;) J/K!

True

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Now this is what I'm talking about..that would be good, rare, but good.

How long has he been sitting on the bench, watching...studying? I've seen him throw a couple of good long completions. He wasn't in long enough though to see if he could continue. I've been thinking about him for a while. I think it should be time to at least evaluate him and see how he does. Play him in a preseason game. See what happens. Opinions?

Those stats are essentially meaningless. He put those up in garbage time against the Titans when the game was already over. However, I hope Sage gets a shot at some playing time.

Originally posted by inFINSible
By Gosh MD I think you may be onto something!! Why not Sage indeed!!! How did you find this guy??? ;) J/K!

Well ur, you see, it was like this...but ur, then the redskins had him..and ur..well he played good but wasn't a Spurier guy. then we got him and didn't let him do anything...but maybe if he start a preseason game, we'll see..ah, ur..???:;) J/K! :D

Are there Legit arguments against Sage? What are his bad qualities? I have seen him in action and he looks fine to me! I mean every QB has some negative qualities but I have heard none of Sage's

I have seen far too little of Sage to know if he can cut it, but I still see him as striving for a #2 job instead of starting job in 2004

I'm not quite sure what anyone thinks Sage has that seperates him from every other pine rider in the NFL. I sure havent seen it. Not in camp, not in preseason, not in meaningless game time. The guy has shown NOTHING.

Sage hasnt even shown he should be a #2 at this point.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Those stats are essentially meaningless. He put those up in garbage time against the Titans when the game was already over. However, I hope Sage gets a shot at some playing time.

True, the game was over but they wanted the shut out. Not only that, but Jay had the entire game and couldn't do anything. Then Sage comes in for one drive and scores a TD to avoid the shutout? Give him some credit.

I don't know do you do what Carolina did with Delhomme. Just try to improve all that you can and take a couple QBs and have them compete.

I would not be angry if we had Rosenfels, Ricky Ray, and a veteran compete, not Brunell he isn't going for a competition, but maybe a guy like Bouman from the Saints. I mean someone if one of the young guys screw up you can atleast count on.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan

True, the game was over but they wanted the shut out. Not only that, but Jay had the entire game and couldn't do anything. Then Sage comes in for one drive and scores a TD to avoid the shutout? Give him some credit.

Griese started that game I believe? Jay warmed up for a few minutes but never actually saw playing time. I was lucky enough to drive 16 hours roundtrip to watch my beloved Phins get killed.

Back
Top Bottom