Why not Wade and Searcy as OTs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Wade and Searcy as OTs

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
based on this comment:
Saints | Turley Not Worried About Switch - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
18:53 PT: NewOrleansSaints.com reports New Orleans Saints OT Kyle Turley is not worried about switching from right tackle to left tackle this season. Turley said it is "no problem at all. Not for me." Turley said he feels there is not much difference between the two positions.

If Turley can switch to LT, why not Wade ? If Wade can play LT, then Searcy can take his old spot at RT:

LT Wade
LG Dixon
C Ruddy
RG Perry/Nails
RT Searcy

:confused:

Originally posted by dolphan39
based on this comment:

If Turley can switch to LT, why not Wade ? If Wade can play LT, then Searcy can take his old spot at RT:

LT Wade
LG Dixon
C Ruddy
RG Perry/Nails
RT Searcy

:confused:

That's a great point that you bring up.:eat: I believe that Todd can easily make the transition from RT to LT. 39, I think that would be an exceptional offensive line!:cool: I'm also of the belief that Todd could make the transition to LT than Mark would.

Searcy has said before that he's not a tackle. He's slower than most & knew that he'd be moved sooner or later. Wade isnt too quick on his feet either. I think Turley has much more talent than both of those guys to be able to make the move.

I'd like to see Dixon moved to LT so Searcy & Perry/McKinney can be the guards.

Because Searcy is to old for right tackle and wade is too good at right to move him to left

Precisely. Downgrading two positions. Wade isn't as fast or talented as Turley is the bottom line there. Doesn't have the technique of Turley, Dixon, or even Brent Smith either.

Wade is a excellent run blocking right tackle and that is the side most of your runs go so moving him would hurt the overall running game.

It's a good idea, but I like the switch of Dixon from guard to tackle, simply because he would be facing the lighter DE's instead of taking on the bigger tackles. He has been hurt every year, so I liken this to moving Gardener to end to save his back.

Dixon, Perry/Nails, Ruddy, Searcy, Wade.

I think it is a good line just like that.

the less people we move on the ol,the better.. we need to keep some continuity with ruddy ,dixon and wade playing the same position...lg should be fine with searcy or perry,the only position that scares me is lt but keep in mind we dont have marino back there...fiedler has mobility...

the whole point in bring this up knowing that Wade is not Turley is to help the LT position and give us something to discuss ;)

This discussion can't hurt, as the Dolphins coaches are basically doing the same thing we're talking about here..They're playing with the line to see what is the best combo also...some of you guys Olines look great,,the key to most of your assessments is can Searcy still play a Tackle position whether it's L or R..If he's slowed as much as he says, and the coaches haven't indicated otherwise..I think that's a no starter..but Dixon at LT, perry\nails, ruddy, searcy, wade..now that may sound like something..but wait..can brent and spriggs make it back? Spriggs did look good against Tenn. last year and they had perhaps the best tandem of DE's in the league..he didn't allow any one to get close to Jay and also we ran a lot on his side for good yards..Hopefully they can recover and we have no concerns at all..The Dolphans don't seem to be worried as much as we are..As everyone stated, they could have cut for cap or traded someone for a LT if they really were concerned.

That best tandem of DEs in the league didn't do shyte this year though. Kevin Carter has really lost it.

I've been a longtime proponent of moving Dixon to LT during training camp in order to find out what guys like Nails, McKinney, and Andrews can do. And to a certain extent Perry as well at LG.

Back
Top Bottom