Why not wait till we're on the clock to make the trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not wait till we're on the clock to make the trade?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I want to trade our 1st round pick for Ramsey. I'd rather have Rivers. But Rivers could be gone before we pick. Ok, so why not why till we're on the clock and if Rivers is gone ten we could try and trade for Ramsey at that point. I still remeber when JJ traded the 19th pick a few years back and moved down before draft day and we took Avery not knowing that Vinnie Holliday and Randy Moss were gonna be there. JJ said that he'd have taken Holliday and not Moss but still it'd have been a lot better than Avery. I don't want the same thing to happen this year. I think we should wait. It seems like out team is doing things without even thinking about them before they do them.I know lots of you like Ramsey and he might turn out to be real good and I'll be rooting for him if we get him,but why jump on it so fast. He's not the second coming and someone could be there at 20 that we'd like better than Ramsey.Please, lets stop acting like high picks aren't anything. Maybe we haven't made the playoffs cos we haven't have enough high picks in the last few years.

Ozzy rules!!

cause your not talking about a WR or RB here.

The sooner you get your QB in here the better. There won't be one player at No.20 that would make Rick Speilman have to think twice about trading the pick to Washington.

Also, If its obvious Ramsey is on the market, we won't be the only one's in the market for his services.

Originally posted by Danny
Maybe we haven't made the playoffs cos we haven't have enough high picks in the last few years.

Ozzy rules!!

The more I hear statements along that line the more assine it sounds. We haven't had first round picks in 99, 02, and 03 because we have Patrick Surtain and Ricky Williams.

Its not like were giving our picks up for free.

Wade Smith looks a more then adaquete player for the price we paid for him, assuming we had that second rounder this year, we'd be left looking for another rookie LT, but unlike last year where there were "some projects" this year there are NONE.

If anything, were much better off trading picks then keeping them.

So were you happy that we got Avery even tho Holliday and Moss were there? I know is not totaly the same situation but can you see where I'm coming from?

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
So were you happy that we got Avery even tho Holliday and Moss were there? I know is not totaly the same situation but can you see where I'm coming from?

Ozzy rules!!

No, cause that has nothing to do with anything. Using specific draft picks to prove a theory on the whole all around process is meaningless.

For every Jamar Fletcher there is a Chris Chambers right behind him.

See, I make no sense either.

And also, I am actually GLAD we don't have a second round pick this year. Cause we might've used to trade for Brunell, and since we don't, WERE NOT......:lol: :lol: :lol:

well, I see your points and also, I wasn't talking only about the high picks to get Pat and Ricky. I'm talking more about Wanny trading our 2nd round pick to take a guy in the 3rd that we could have probably gotten later on anyway and things like that. Anyway, I can see you're all for us trading our 1st pick for Ramsey. If we do it then I hope it works out for the best.

Ozzy rules!!

Lets not pretend we know where we could've landed a said player. There is NO WAY of EVER knowing where we could've gotten Wade Smith or Eddie Moore.

Each draft pick is unique to each teams needs and/or scouting. Wade Smith has proved worthy of the potential bestowed upon a third round draft pick. And think about it this way, he got a years worth of on the job training, and you find one OT in this up coming draft who we could draft in the second round that would be anywhere near as good in 2004 as Mr.Smith.

Wade might not only have filled the hole at LT, he might just be the cog of the OL. Something alot of people fully expect him to be.

Back
Top Bottom