Why Not!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not!!!

maybe its just me cause i live so close to the practice facility or read everything there is to read bout the fins....but i have never felt this good about the upcoming season...ever....i dont listen to what the NFL experts say about who will win the superbowl or whatever...they are always wrong.....who said Pitt was foing to be as good as they were the last year...everyone keep saying the eagles will win the superbowl...i mean i knew they had a chance of going but do you actually think they will win it, come on guys....their the bills of new. Year after year the colts are going to win the big one...yeah right...with what defense, they dont even have a running back that wants to be there....The damn jets almost went to the superbowl...who would ever thought? As far as the pats go...I believe their run has finally come to an end....wait and see!

your absloutely true....BUT, Feely knows this is his last chance to start for an NFL team, cause of the unfortunate road he has taken....put it this way, guys are bashing him for last year...well you put any quterback in without ANY BLOCKING and getting only 1/3 of the snaps in the offense that he was still trying to learn...i think bates said last year after a game that there are only a "handfull" of plays they can run with feely because of the lack of snaps he was getting in practice due to who, Wannestedt. I think saban might even be surprised this year with how well we are going to be....let these Veterans get on the field and let them prove everyone wrong.....they have something to prove...their not the laughing stock of the NFL anymore!

posted this on another thread too, but seems appropriate to this discussion:
Ok. We ended 4-12 last year. Now I'm not saying we definitely would have won these, BUT.... how many of our losses did our QB (any of them) throw a INT that was RETURNED FOR A TD??? And then of those, how many did we lose by that TD or LESS??? Just theoretically, IF the INT still occured, but the player would have been stopped w/o a TD, how many more would we have won??

I think it was about 8-9 INT for TDs, so my personal opinion is that if those were not TDs, we would have won 3-4 more games, meaning we would have been 7-9 or 8-8 last year. So my optomism for a good year is based upon improved O-line/ Offense coaches and a HC that will instill a tougher attitude.

Any thoughts on this?

cornell said:
posted this on another thread too, but seems appropriate to this discussion:
Ok. We ended 4-12 last year. Now I'm not saying we definitely would have won these, BUT.... how many of our losses did our QB (any of them) throw a INT that was RETURNED FOR A TD??? And then of those, how many did we lose by that TD or LESS??? Just theoretically, IF the INT still occured, but the player would have been stopped w/o a TD, how many more would we have won??

I think it was about 8-9 INT for TDs, so my personal opinion is that if those were not TDs, we would have won 3-4 more games, meaning we would have been 7-9 or 8-8 last year. So my optomism for a good year is based upon improved O-line/ Offense coaches and a HC that will instill a tougher attitude.

Any thoughts on this?

You can't just look at one side of the picture.

How many passes (from either QB) should have been INT'd but were not. How many of our TD's could have been knocked down but were not? How many FGs did Mare make that he just as easily could have missed.
What if Brady didnt have a brain fart and simply took the sack instead of throwing the INT?
If you are going to use the "what ifs" that seem to indicate we were not as bad as our record, you have to also use the "what ifs" that indicate we were worse.

We have a shot at winning division this year in my honest opinion. If we don't win division, I really don't see us making playoffs. I only think one team from our division will make playoffs, and that will be the division winner. There's no doubt in my mind that we have improved and that we will improve from last year. I honestly feel that New England (Loss of several Free Agents and Weis and Crennell), Buffalo (Rookie QB is what makes them weaker in my opinion), and the N.Y. Jets (defensively) are all weaker than they were last year. I really do beleive we have a legit shot at division, therefore I feel we have a legit shot at making playoffs... Let the AFC East crumble, and let us sneak to the top.

legendary137 said:
Why am i hearing that people don't believe the dolphins can even make it to the playoffs.....this is really bothering me....first of all, remember two years ago when the panthers made it to the superbowl, they had a so so QB and a decent coach. The year before they made it to the superbowl, they were terrible. The fins have a great coach in saban and i think a better QB than Jake Delhome. Rember, his receivers made him look good and they had a decent running back. Well, I think we have better receivers than them, esp if Boston comes back, and we have a couple of Stud backe in Brown and Harris. I know they haven't played an NFL down yet, but I believe they are going to have better careers in the NFL than most people think. Our defense is going to be ranked in the top 5 this year, watch....even though we lost Knight and Mr. P. , Poole is going to step it up and I think Bua is going to switch on and off with Bell....both who can hit and run. I think people don't realize our O-line is going to be a complete 360 from last year...esp with Stocker and Macintosh being 100% and being reunited with his old coach from San Diego who made him one of the best lineman on the west coast that year. Most importantly, our veterans are going crazy over this guy named Saban. Our veterans seem to have some serious fire under their a**. I'll keep believing while ya'll keep haten and we'll see who was right when we enter the first round of the playoffs in 05'!

Carolina had a very good front 7 on defense plus a very good offensive line. I remember Delhomme drove the team for tds at the end of both games vs Tampa (NFC champ) to win. They just got enough plays from Delhomme to win a very weak division. Feely hasn't proven himself to be in the same calibur yet. If he does then I'd say the Dolphins should be solid next year.

why?

QB - unproven
secondary - looks like swiss cheese
RB - rookie
Oline - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

legendary137 said:
first of all, remember two years ago when the panthers made it to the superbowl, they had a so so QB
Jake Delohme is not some so so QB.... :shakeno: he's an excellent Quaterback, the guy makes plays. We can only WISH we had Jake Delohme here, he's lights years ahead of anything we got here. Besides, the Panthers wen't 1-15 then 7-9. They didn't go to the superbowl right away. Face it, if we go .500 Saban will be a total sucess.

go_fins said:
Jake Delohme is not some so so QB.... :shakeno: he's an excellent Quaterback, the guy makes plays. We can only WISH we had Jake Delohme here, he's lights years ahead of anything we got here. Besides, the Panthers wen't 1-15 then 7-9. They didn't go to the superbowl right away. Face it, if we go .500 Saban will be a total sucess.

Thank you. The comparisons to Carolina are a farce. Delhomme is megadoses above Feeley in variety of pace and loft, overall QB instincts and yards per pass attempt. They were also far superior on the offensive line.

We have below average personnel. That can be overcome by superior QBing. Since our QB is probably even further below average than our personnel in general, a poor to break even season is virtually inevitable. Recordwise. The direction is definitely positive in terms of emphasis and acquisition.

Im with ya ! ! ! !

The biggest offseason acquisitions we had were Saban, Linehan, and Houck. The talent was there from the beginning ... Bates showed us that.

legendary137 said:
Why am i hearing that people don't believe the dolphins can even make it to the playoffs.....

Because were trying to be realistic and not be complete homers unlike a large majority of the people around here.

Rome wasn't built in a day...and neither are championship calibur teams. Being 7 - 9 to 9 - 7 this year isn't a stretch. We have a VERY tough schedule and this team was in shambles last season. Getting back to around .500 is a huge improvement over 4 - 12.

legendary137 said:
Fellas Fellas Fellas....look at the talent we have on this team...the reason we sucked for the past three years was cause of the scheme and the coaches.....Our guys are picking this saban stuff up quick...from what i hear his schemes arent that hard to learn and the lingo he uses isn't all that hard to learn either...Look at the talent we have tis year, it's better that we've had in the previous 6,7,8 years....better defenseive line, better offensive line, better recievers, better special teamers, better linebackers, better quarterbacks,except Marino, better coaches, heck our traing camp has something it's never had, three goal posts. You can agrue aqbout the running backs "talent" but our running back has a better head on his shoulders than any running back we have ever had. S**t, even the damn stadium is getting a major overhaul...will you guys forget the past...move on and believe our TEAM can do it. Our depth is better than any years I can rember....even defenseive line...Taylor, Holliday, Bowens, Bowens, Carter, Chester, Roth, Vickerson, and don't forget Josh Shaw from Michigan State. Our only question is our secondary...but I think it will be ruthless with Bua getting some playing time back there if not starting...I honestly think our only question is our nickel back, hopefully Daniels can come in and beat Howard for that third corner spot!!! Believe in our team and let the rest of the NFL that we were gone but now were back!!

Come on now, cut back on da caffine. I'll bet when you go to the counter with your weekly lottery ticket, you think you are gonna win every time. It must never dawn on you that you could possibly lose. You do understand there are 31 other teams out there trying to do the same thing we are trying ta do, right?? Slow down there big fellow, it will come but lets take this one step at a time. The Panthers made their run after there new coach was there two years, not his first. They were 7-9 the first year THEN made the SB. Maybe I can see it next year if EVERYTHING goes right, but this year is a year where everyone jus gets on the right page. Anything over 6 wins is a bonus.

yankeehillbilly said:
You can't just look at one side of the picture.

How many passes (from either QB) should have been INT'd but were not. How many of our TD's could have been knocked down but were not? How many FGs did Mare make that he just as easily could have missed.
What if Brady didnt have a brain fart and simply took the sack instead of throwing the INT?
If you are going to use the "what ifs" that seem to indicate we were not as bad as our record, you have to also use the "what ifs" that indicate we were worse.

I know there are a lot of "what ifs" but that was not my point. I still accepted the Ints. The point was that 8-9 Ints returned for TDs is unsusually high, and that given the ints still occur, what would have happened if half were stopped b4 scoring. Most interseptions are not returned for TDs, just change possession. The season is over, a new one is about to begin and I'm optomistice that we will be much better than last year.

Back
Top Bottom