Why put Gadsden on IR? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why put Gadsden on IR?

You are right... he is sone for the year. Hw will NOT play for the Dolphins this year. But, I BELEIVE... not 100% that the Dolphins could CUT him if he shows he is healthy and he could try to catch on with another team.

OR, Gadsden and his agent can pull their heads out of their collective ***, and sign an injury settlement prior to Friday.

Either way, he wil NEVER play for the Dolphins again.

Originally posted by grooves12
Basically, Gadsden and his agent were trying to hold the Dolphins hostage once again with the injury settlement.

They didn't want to sign one, because then he can't play for another team for 6 weeks or so. If the Dolphins had released him, he could have shopped himself around, and if he got no takers could file an injury grievance against the team.

Basically, the Dolphins said, "We're tired of your sh*t!"... and put him on IR. Now, they hold all the cards. Either he gives up his right to file an injury grievance at which point they would release him and be done with it... or they pay him his piddly 430,000, while he sits at home watching another season pass him by, which quite likely would mean he would never play in the league again. (Would you sign an aging injury prone player that hasn't played in 1 1/2 years??)

I'm glad to see that this whole Gadsden episode is finally over. I said it then, and I'll say it again, the Dolphins should have never given him this last chance in the first place. He showed nothing to make me beleive he deserved it. I loved the way Gadsden produced when healthy, but he was always a money-first player that overestimated his worth and hurt the team when his over-inflated ego got in the way of reality.

Good Riddance!

Yeah, but that "piddly" 430 is alot more than he would make if he hadn't signed in the first place. Wish i amde that "piddly" sum !! :D :D
But as far as him "shopping" himself around, if he was worth anything, he would've gotten an offer from someone during FA.

"I thought if a player was put on IR they are done for the year?"

Old rule.... Now there is a five day rule which allows five days after a player is put on IR for an injury settlement to be worked out. The player can not resign with his old team for six games plus the amount of the settlement (settle for two weeks pay and you can not sign with your old team for eight weeks) but you become a FA immediayely.

I still doubt that OG will ever don a Phin uniform again but he may play somewhere this year unless of course his agent opens his mouth and screws up everything.

Can OG just pretend to be unhealthy which would force the Fins to keep him on IR all season long?

He gets examined by his doctor and the Phins doctor regularly so while he might try that trick it would be difficult to pull it off

Finlandid is that "The Dude?" I love it he one of my alltime favorite movie characters. For anyone who doesn't know RUN and rent "The Big Lebowski" Bottom line- the team is moving forward without Orande. The young recievers have great talent and DT is going to be great for this team. So far I'm really liking Tolver.

Originally posted by grooves12
Basically, Gadsden and his agent were trying to hold the Dolphins hostage...the Dolphins should have never given him this last chance in the first place...

Good Riddance!

Man Grooves, How did you read my thoughts so perfectly. It's scarey!!:hug:

Back
Top Bottom