Why release players to create salary cap room... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why release players to create salary cap room...

if you don't use it?
I don't have a link, but a few days ago, Meuller was talking about going for quantity rather than quality during this FA period. His thinbking was to fill the many holes we have and go for quality during the draft (BPA?). My thinking is just that, plus, you may end up finding a diamond in the rough when you play a numbers game like that.

man you can not build a team over night. Save the money and build a young team put the team in position to make the playoffs and by then we will have money for FA. then use it to put the team over the top. If we spend now on a guy or two it will lets us were we have been since Shula made his last ditch effort to win the superbowl the year they signed all those FA. " that place is Salary Cap HELL".

What's the point of freeing up salary cap space just to get into salary cap purgatory again one day into free agency?

Besides, which of the free agents that signed on day one did we really think we were going to sign anyway?

beacause these players werent deserving of their contracts according to their performance and evaluation. Since they werent worth their contracts, we cut them to save money, might as well instead of having bums taking money out of wayne's wallet. Also the money used to cut them will be given to players that deserve it like welker, bell, and such. The money will also allow us to sign some other players to longer deals over the offseason which will be front loaded a little more.

I still don't get the Jeno cut.

If we don't have someone to replace him why cut him.

He was the second best OL we had

I still don't get the Jeno cut.

If we don't have someone to replace him why cut him.

He was the second best OL we had

I think it has to do with his knees and salary. He had two arthoscopic knee surgeries on his right knee that limited him to only nine games last year and his release frees up about 2.5 million in cap space.

if you don't use it?

so down the road when you want to sign a few guys .. who aren't going to get overpaid.. you can .. truth of the matter .. why keep guys who aren't going to produce for the team .. i'm glad we haven't pulled the trigger yet .. everyone hears how this guy is gone that guy is gone .. and they've just been guys who jumped at the first opportunity they could get ..

guys like porter etc take a bit more time .. not only are they after the money .. they go to teams they think they can help the most .. 75% is about money .. 25% is about production and competitiveness .. and if they don't make it to MIAMI .. who cares .. we're better off cap wise for next year .. anyone think we'll win it all this year and won't need big FA next year???

What's the point of freeing up salary cap space just to get into salary cap purgatory again one day into free agency?

Besides, which of the free agents that signed on day one did we really think we were going to sign anyway?

cause the players ,we had cost to much money or wasnt puting n theres! we want to fill all the holes and even it out, across the board. make this team better and more than likely ,some of our holes with b filed by the draft. we dont need big named FA to fill holes and break the bank, with all the holes we have.. I wouldnt care if we got any big names ! :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom