Why Rizzi And Dolphins Are Parting Ways. And Flores Makes Six More Hires | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Rizzi And Dolphins Are Parting Ways. And Flores Makes Six More Hires

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that finds it strange that if you don’t get a promotion you didn’t even know you wanted that you’d up and move to another state due to it? I wish him the best but I’d stay put. That’s a big change. Maybe he doesn’t have kids. I guess in that case travel away!

Moving on isn't necessarily a bad thing, let him go out there and get some more experience before trying again.

I really don't think that Rizzi wanted to stay once he wasn't named HC
Ya that is probably the case. The second we heard rumors of Caldwell being AHC so fast means he probably told us he would move on if he could find something.

Am I the only one that finds it strange that if you don’t get a promotion you didn’t even know you wanted that you’d up and move to another state due to it? I wish him the best but I’d stay put. That’s a big change. Maybe he doesn’t have kids. I guess in that case travel away!
He has a daughter that went to St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale

Lot of these guys are unknowns, but i hope they bring with them all the game planning and situational preparation Belichick is known for, which we have been sorely lacking for years now.

Feels a little like the Dan Campbell situation. Once he wasn’t named HC he didn’t want to return. He was a great special teams coordinator and I’m sure will have success at his next job.

Interesting bit about how they gave the game plan to players in stages up in NE and how Coordinators are given specific offense and defensive assignments(RZ assignment, 3rd and 1 assignment etc). Makes you wonder what kind of system the Dolphins had in place?

On the surface, It doesn't appear we had anything resembling that.

The NE process is one of the most exciting things I like about the Flores hiring.

Of course, it remains to be seen if he can do better than previous members of the NE tree.

But at least you know he comes from a system that does work in the NFL.

That's the danger of interviewing a guy like Rizzi for head coach- if you really don't plan on giving him the job, no way is he coming back at a position he will perceive as a demotion, once he is rejected. And a guy like Rizzi will get snapped up quick.

It's probably best for all parties to move on. I really hope this doesn't hamper Sanders though.

Come on dude. The kid can flat out kick, he doesn't need a coach to tell him where the uprights are.

I wouldn't have let Rizzi back on the field after the 2nd blocked punt.

That's the danger of interviewing a guy like Rizzi for head coach- if you really don't plan on giving him the job, no way is he coming back at a position he will perceive as a demotion, once he is rejected. And a guy like Rizzi will get snapped up quick.

We wish him all the best! Can't be afraid of things like that.

Back
Top Bottom