Why Rose is the right pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Rose is the right pick

esc097

Scout Team
Reaction score
I understand the hype with beasly, but i just think PG is a much more valueble position, and can really change the face of a franchise.

Look at what Chris Paul has done for NO.

Look what Deron Williams has done for Utah.

Jason Kidd in his prime led the nets to the finals.

Steve Nash was the major reason the Suns had that turnaround.

The right point guard could really give us a quick turnaround that all heat fans are so desperately wanting. What do you guys think?

I think Rose should be the pick for the Heats also. Beasley is a nice player but he wont even be a garnett or other elite PF where Rose can be an elite PG IMO.

I do notice the use of definitive terms when projecting Beasley's career but plentiful ambiguity when it comes to defining Rose.

A lot of players could have been great point guards. Iverson, Arenas, Gordon, etc.... I want to know from the Rose fan club what they've seen in him that puts him in the pure PG category of Kidd/Nash/Paul rather than the aforementioned class of guards. I've seen the brilliance in the open court, and the ability to break down the defender off the dribble. But the great PG is the one who the offense runs through, who handles the ball the majority of the time without turning it over....

It would be a lot of fun watching Wade play with a mirror image of himself. They just wouldn't win anything.

this is not the nfl we might not even get the top pick if we do than we should pick rose

I do notice the use of definitive terms when projecting Beasley's career but plentiful ambiguity when it comes to defining Rose.

A lot of players could have been great point guards. Iverson, Arenas, Gordon, etc.... I want to know from the Rose fan club what they've seen in him that puts him in the pure PG category of Kidd/Nash/Paul rather than the aforementioned class of guards. I've seen the brilliance in the open court, and the ability to break down the defender off the dribble. But the great PG is the one who the offense runs through, who handles the ball the majority of the time without turning it over....

It would be a lot of fun watching Wade play with a mirror image of himself. They just wouldn't win anything.
Exactly. Beasley should be the pick.

I wish we could get a mid first rounder somehow and get D.J. Augustine.

He has similarities to D-Wade, but I would think he resembles Jason Kidd more then he does D-Wade.

As far as defense goes, then I would agree with that. He is not the playmaker Kidd is, it's not even close. He can create his own shot, but I won't give him Kidd comparisms.

He is not the passer Kidd is nor the caretaker; averaging about 3 turnovers on 29 minutes per game.

Call me crazy, I still see Augustin as a much better fit at PG. I trust his range, he is a better passer IMO, and dude is conditioned very well, playing almost the entire game every game for Texas. Might be T.J. Ford, but atleast we wouldn't be trying to get Iverson part 2 and Wade together; that just disgusting.

As far as defense goes, then I would agree with that. He is not the playmaker Kidd is, it's not even close. He can create his own shot, but I won't give him Kidd comparisms.

He is not the passer Kidd is nor the caretaker; averaging about 3 turnovers on 29 minutes per game.

Call me crazy, I still see Augustin as a much better fit at PG. I trust his range, he is a better passer IMO, and dude is conditioned very well, playing almost the entire game every game for Texas. Might be T.J. Ford, but atleast we wouldn't be trying to get Iverson part 2 and Wade together; that just disgusting.

Whats so bad aout having two playmaking guards? I dont think detroit is complaining about having chauncy and rip.

I understand the hype with beasly, but i just think PG is a much more valueble position, and can really change the face of a franchise.

Look at what Chris Paul has done for NO.

Look what Deron Williams has done for Utah.

Jason Kidd in his prime led the nets to the finals.

Steve Nash was the major reason the Suns had that turnaround.

The right point guard could really give us a quick turnaround that all heat fans are so desperately wanting. What do you guys think?

Tony Parker too :hi5:

For the same reasons Popovich does not play Tony Parker and Ginobili together. The two cancel out each other; Wade needs a point guard that can shoot at a high percentage, takes care of the ball, and hit a open shot.

Wade and Rose might look "sick" together if they played for AND1, but this is the NBA, and in the NBA, Wade and Iverson together would not win a title.

For the same reasons Popovich does not play Tony Parker and Ginobili together. The two cancel out each other; Wade needs a point guard that can shoot at a high percentage, takes care of the ball, and hit a open shot.

Wade and Rose might look "sick" together if they played for AND1, but this is the NBA, and in the NBA, Wade and Iverson together would not win a title.

Dude, Parker and Ginobili are on the court together 90% of the time. Ginobili doesn't start but he practically plays 30 minutes every single game. Just because two players are similer in style doesn't mean they shoudn't play together.

Dude, Parker and Ginobili are on the court together 90% of the time. Ginobili doesn't start but he practically plays 30 minutes every single game. Just because two players are similer in style doesn't mean they shoudn't play together.
this guy gets it

Try 60-65%, which is a world of difference than 90%. Ginobili at 30 minutes per game and Parker at 40 minutes per game, do the math, thats about 75% of the time if they were to stay together on court; factor in that Ginobili comes in to take pressure off Parker, 60-65% of the time together is more accurate than 90%.

Both players need the ball on their hand to be effective; only difference is, I'll take Ginobili's and Parker's range over Wade and Rose any day of the week, and that's why when they are together, they can make it work, but it's not like you will see them as effective as they can be together versus being the primary decision maker.

Wade has a ton of things going for him that I would want over Ginobili and Parker, but I wouldn't want to put two clones at one team.

Rose is like Iverson, a great scorer/slasher that can make a good pass every now and then, but he's not a true point guard, his range isn't that much to talk about, his free throw shooting is near 70%, and that's what the Heat needs. We already have a 2, which is our franchise player, we don't need another 2.

A true caretaker, a point guard that can make a wide open J, with great range, solid free throw shooting, and can set up an offense would do wonders with Wade.

Rose? We will be leading the league in turnovers again. It will just be a circus.

Back
Top Bottom