Why SD wants to get rid of Boston... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why SD wants to get rid of Boston...

Finfan80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
From the San Diego Union-Trib:

AJ Smith, in his first full season as general manager, has charted an aggressive and potentially controversial new course for the organization.

In addition to releasing high-priced players who have had problems staying on the field because of injuries, he has severed ties with high-salaried players whose work habits and off-field activities don't mesh with the "team" concept he desires.

Boston was suspended without pay for one game last season after a verbal blowup with the strength coach, but the team's current stance is not about that incident, because Boston was pretty much on his best behavior thereafter. By nearly all accounts, he tried to do what the team asked, including playing at a reduced weight. He even suited up late in the year despite having what one person close to him described as a fractured scapula.

But concerns about his practice habits and individualized off-field training -not to mention his distant personality -are more than the team is prepared to deal with at this time, particularly when it still owes him most of the nearly $12 million in guaranteed money he is due, including his $3.9 million salary this year.

Possible San Diego's insanity is our gain????

A guy no matter what the deal will make big money, one failed drug test from being DQ'ed for a season and rumored to be in the west coast BALCO murmurs, and just not a nice guy at all just the kind of leadership and risk we need to take on a team with many holes...no thanks

I didn,t hear anything about Boston being in with the BALCO boys . where did you see this ?

his #S dont call for his salery plus he been known for attitude problems

He admited doing crack/cocaine at one time but said he had stopped. He's a damn beast, I do know that. I could care less if he plays at 220 or 300, if he catches the damn ball and scores TDs, that's all that matters.

Originally posted by chambers84
I could care less if he plays at 220 or 300, if he catches the damn ball and scores TDs, that's all that matters.
Are you willing to spend/risk 3.9 million to find out "if" he can do what you "hope" he will turn out to be?

Originally posted by Justasportsfan
Are you willing to spend/risk 3.9 million to find out "if" he can do what you "hope" he will turn out to be?
your damn right i would !!!! remember ricky being a head case not being a team player , cancer in the dressing room ...well here in miami he's an allstar player that everyone in the nfl would love to have .... i would take the chance with my eyes closed thats a BIG HELL YA !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mike_vee
your damn right i would !!!! remember ricky being a head case not being a team player , cancer in the dressing room ...well here in miami he's an allstar player that everyone in the nfl would love to have .... i would take the chance with my eyes closed thats a BIG HELL YA !!!!!!!!
a history of injuries? Now it's being reported he has a bad scapula?

Originally posted by Justasportsfan
a history of injuries? Now it's being reported he has a bad scapula?
Your just worried what both chambers and boston will do to the jills secondary if they team up together , then you add in mcmichael ,williams , konrad ouch who do you cover !!!! damn that sure would look scary to the jills defense ...

Originally posted by mike_vee
Your just worried what both chambers and boston will do to the jills secondary if they team up together , then you add in mcmichael ,williams , konrad ouch who do you cover !!!! damn that sure would look scary to the jills defense ...
I'm not worried about boston. I hope he signs with the fins for 3.9 million. He's yours at that price. :D Let's see if he'll settle for no.2 salary behind Chambers.

What is this fixation with the salary? Even if he is traded the contract will be redone....he will probably want a signing bonus and his first year base salary will be put down the the min.

Any way we slice it, if we sign the guy, there is a very serious probablility that he's going down with another serious knee/ankle injury, the guy is juiced to the max, and all that mass is destroying his lower joints which have become fragile as glass the past few years.

The guy hasn't produced lately, and hasn't even been able to stay healthy.

To compare this guys probblems to Ricky's shows ignorance of Bostons problems... man, we need to stay way way way away from this one.

Originally posted by Barbarian
Any way we slice it, if we sign the guy, there is a very serious probablility that he's going down with another serious knee/ankle injury, the guy is juiced to the max, and all that mass is destroying his lower joints which have become fragile as glass the past few years.

The guy hasn't produced lately, and hasn't even been able to stay healthy.

To compare this guys probblems to Ricky's shows ignorance of Bostons problems... man, we need to stay way way way away from this one.

There we go again with the nonfactual steroid talk again.

Originally posted by enigmatics

There we go again with the nonfactual steroid talk again.

Non factual eh?

Sorry dude, but people don't look like that unless they are juiced. Look at his body mass and proportions, look at his face.

And even without the juice, he still has chronic lower joint problems that are well documented, cant ignore that, the guy wouldn't make it to midseason out here, he'd be a HUGE waste of money and cap space.

Originally posted by Barbarian

Non factual eh?

Sorry dude, but people don't look like that unless they are juiced. Look at his body mass and proportions, look at his face.

And even without the juice, he still has chronic lower joint problems that are well documented, cant ignore that, the guy wouldn't make it to midseason out here, he'd be a HUGE waste of money and cap space.

Show me these "well documented" documents...........does the NFL and it's teams file reports through you???? The articles I'm about to give you mention the theories on it, but no medical tests have ever been done to show any of your claims. Not to mention his patella tendon knee injury was a direct cause being jammed in the knee by a DB.

Read these two articles and get back to me.......... hopefully this will completely shred you're invalidated, naive outlook of "he's huge so he must be on roids" theories.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1628275

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20030809-9999_1s9chargers.html

Back
Top Bottom