Why the Dolphins Will Win Tonight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Dolphins Will Win Tonight

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's been a tough couple of games, but the Dolphins are going to win tonight and here is why:

1. Ricky: The Jets have had a suspect run defense and the Dolphins will come out firing with Ricky. The only reason they had success with LT was becuase they got so far ahead.

2. Turnovers 1: Pennigton will face an angry Sam Madison and will show that young quarterbacks make mistakes.

3. Turnovers 2: Turnovers stopped our offense the last couple of weeks, we moved the ball well until fumbles and interceptions. This problem was the focus of practice and I expect that the Dolphins will protect the ball well this time and not give away another game.

4. Chambers: He will make a big play when the Jets play 8 in the box. Chris has a game under his belt since the injury and will come to play.

5. The Jets aren't that good: Remember that football is played in the trenches. We dominated the Jets at the point of attack last time and we should do so again. As long as we don't turn the ball over we should win.

PhinKey, your theories are a bit flawed in some areas:

1. Ricky has had trouble over the last couple of weeks because of protection problems at the interior of your line. Meanwhile, our DTs have been playing much better since the last meeting. While I don't think we'll completely shut Ricky down, I don't think he'll hit the 100 yd. mark.

2. Not quite sure why an angry Madison has anything to do with anything else. He's angry. Big deal. Besides, unless he's blitzing, I can't imagine how he'll be forcing Pennington into anything. Pennington is already a master at checking down his progressions. If Madison does manage to stay with Coles or Moss (which he doesn't have the speed to do, BTW), Chad will check off that receiver and find the open man.

3. Lucas will throw picks tonight, unless you've seen something I haven't. They will be blitzing the hellout of him tonight, and your OL hasn't shown in the last couple of games that they can stop that. When Lucas is blitzed, he'll make mistakes, and that will cause turnovers.

4. In order for Chambers to make big plays, Lucas will need to get him the ball. See #3 for that outcome.

5. The Jets weren't that good, but have improved dramatically since that last aberration. The Jets have improved, while the phins are in the middle of injury hell.

We'll see how it plays out, though. It all depends on which Jets team shows up. WIll it be the team that lost 3 games 102-13, or the team that dominated the Chargers last week? Myself, I think the Jets are gonna stomp guts tonight, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I think the bottom line is that until Lucas proves he should be taken more seriously, opposing defenses will key in on making Ricky's life hell.The Jets will do the same, and rightfully so.I am not as confident as I would be if Feidler were playing, but I do feel we can win this game.

Why the Dolphins Will Win Tonight

I agree with PhinKev. The O-line was embarrassed last game and will come out fired up against their arch rivals. Also agree that Madison doesn't need to be pissed, the D-line should be pissed. The Dolphins have a history of dominating rookie QBs which should bring the Jets back down to earth.

I think Pennington needs a heavy dose of Jason Taylor tonight.Games that JT shows his ability, our D just dominates.

AS long as Lucas does not throw the game away, then it comes down to the play in the trenches. Based on what we have seen this year, you have to like our chances.

Back
Top Bottom