Why the hell are people blaming Fiedler!? I DONT understand....please explain here... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the hell are people blaming Fiedler!? I DONT understand....please explain here...

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
I dont even understand how we could blame anyone on our team for this loss, (except for maybe Wansted's conservitive ***~!) but I feel everyone played their butts out out there.....if anything Fiedler gets the gameball for setting us up TWICE!!!!!!!!!

Its that frickin Infield, and now its in Mares head, Im just glad the Padres arent in the World Series.

so all you Fiedler haters please explain why this game is Fiedlers fault??, and "beacuase i hate him" is not a good enough reason.

Did you see that long pass by Brady to end the game?

That's what JF can't do and why this offense will ALWAYS struggle as long as he is the QB.

2 losses, BOTH lost on scores following JF INT's.

JF's QB rating today: 62.8 for all those keeping score and that will likely drag his season rating to below 70

Time to put him on the bench, nothing to lose at all.

Dude that infield excuse is absolute Bull$hit. We play on that infield every year, and no all the sudden we lost because of the field?? New England played on it too!!! That infield is NOT the reason we lost. Wanny is and so is the offense.

I thought he played a good game. It's not his fault, period. He threw for 230 yds., his passes were right on time. Most incompletions were because he threw the ball away or just great defense on the Pats part. He kept drives alive and put us in position to win the game twice. The first int he threw hit DT right in the hands, the second one we would have ended up punting anyway. Fiedler haters are like Bush haters. They just hate him period.

its not... Fiedler actually played well. The first INT was all on Derrious Thompson, the 2nd in OT was him just trying to make a play after being chased out of the pocket thowing deep for Chambers and just ended up about 2 feet to low and the defender was able to make the play. Remember now... Jay and Offence got the fish into a game winning position twice. So I agree, lay off Fiedler.

The best way to describe it is he didn't MAKE any plays. I blame the whole offense. When you are playing a 2nd string defense, you should be racking it up. Did you notice when the game was on the line how Brady MADE 3rd down conversions and then MADE the big play to win. "He who is not allowed to be discussed here" doesn't do that. He plays to not loose.

Also, many of his catches were McMichael pulling the ball away from defenders or Thompson doing the same.

We need a playmaker at QB if we are going ti have a crappy line ande WR.

Fiedler was sharp today and the blame can't go to him.

But he still can't throw the deep ball. My heart is pounding every time I see his floater.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
I thought he played a good game. It's not his fault, period. He threw for 230 yds., his passes were right on time. Most incompletions were because he threw the ball away or just great defense on the Pats part. He kept drives alive and put us in position to win the game twice. The first int he threw hit DT right in the hands, the second one we would have ended up punting anyway. Fiedler haters are like Bush haters. They just hate him period.

Except that most people who criticize Fiedler don't hate him. I don't hate him. I don't think he actively cost us this game. I simply think that if we had a better QB, we would have won this game. He's not costing us games, but he is not WINNING us games either. He's a non-factor and the defenses know it. That's how they are able to get away with keying so hard on Ricky. We need a QB who WON'T miss those long passes. We are simply not good enough to get along without one. We are NOT the 2000 Ravens. Our defense is nowhere near as good as theirs. Our offensive line is nowhere near as good as theirs. We CAN'T take it to the next level with the offense playing the way it is, and QB play is part of that.

Well said Rik. And if there is any positon you want a playmaker at its QB.

The blame goes to the entire offense. But "He who is not allowed to be named here" must get the defenses going back or Ricky will never see daylight.

Our O Line got handled today.

Originally posted by RikWriter

Except that most people who criticize Fiedler don't hate him. I don't hate him. I don't think he actively cost us this game. I simply think that if we had a better QB, we would have won this game. He's not costing us games, but he is not WINNING us games either. He's a non-factor and the defenses know it. That's how they are able to get away with keying so hard on Ricky. We need a QB who WON'T miss those long passes. We are simply not good enough to get along without one. We are NOT the 2000 Ravens. Our defense is nowhere near as good as theirs. Our offensive line is nowhere near as good as theirs. We CAN'T take it to the next level with the offense playing the way it is, and QB play is part of that.

I agree with everything you say. And I agree that Fiedler is an avg. QB. But facts is facts. Jay gave us the opportunity to win this game 3 times today. That long pass to DT was in his hands. Had he caught it rather than pop it up, we are in field goal range. He put together a 70 yd. drive in the 4th to put us in FG range. In OT he engineered another long drive to get us in FG range. This game can not be blamed on Fiedler. Everything in the game was equal. Time of possession and total yds. were even. Our special teams lost the game. Mare missed 2 game winning FG's. Turk only had about a 32 yd punt avg. and we had no return game.

I put a lot of the blame for today on CC. He failed to come back and break up the ball in OT and he fumbled early in the game just trying to get and extra couple of feet. He makes too many mistakes, why is all these JF haters not talking about him??
CC should by now know how to position himself between the DB and the ball, yet he NEVER does. If he was still a rookie it could be overlooked, but he's not. Maybe the recievers coach can take part of the blame but recievers have cost JF at least half of his pics. It has to be a team sport. Jay is not Dan but he is not the biggest problem this team has.
But hey, we are still OK. It will come down to how we play down the stretch. Last year we couldn't win a game on the road, this year we are undefeated on the road. Maybe we can turn around the late season stuff as well.

Originally posted by fin-atic
The best way to describe it is he didn't MAKE any plays. I blame the whole offense. When you are playing a 2nd string defense, you should be racking it up. Did you notice when the game was on the line how Brady MADE 3rd down conversions and then MADE the big play to win. "He who is not allowed to be discussed here" doesn't do that. He plays to not loose.

Also, many of his catches were McMichael pulling the ball away from defenders or Thompson doing the same.

We need a playmaker at QB if we are going ti have a crappy line ande WR.
I disagree. On the last couple of drives Fiedler made passes mostly to McMichael to convert third downs after Ricky kept getting stuffed on 1st and 2nd. If you want to blame anyone, it's the coaches for being so incredibly predictable on the play-calling. How many times can we possibly run Ricky up the gut on 1st down. It was only towards the end of the game that we started changing things a little bit and starting moving the ball. Why the hell can't we run counters and misdirections. And for crying out loud, why are the Dolphins the only team on the planet that never checks off to screens when the defense is showing an obvious blitz?

Back
Top Bottom