Why the hell are people blaming Fiedler!? I DONT understand....please explain here... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the hell are people blaming Fiedler!? I DONT understand....please explain here...

Well, it was a tough lost to swallow but, I can't blame it on Jay he did his best to get us on down field twice for game-winning field goals. That infield dirt cost us plain an simple, for the win in the 4th kick was off dirt our OL was pushed back sliding on the dirt so it was blocked. The second one in overtime, if you look at his foot he angled to the right on the dirt which went right. But, was makes me f*****g mad is we won the toss why did we choose to go towards the dirt infield when we just got blocked if we go the other way possibly would of had a better shot.

All I know is we need to do better on offense or were going to be in dogfights in alot of games.

Now we face a Chargers team on Monday Night Fotoball who just won on the road. We are 3-0 on the road remember we are a resilent team after loss. But, we will not win if we just score 13 points we need to get in the high 20's or low 30's if we want to win comfortably. Something better change quickly or we will be in for a brutal fight to the end of season with all the teams in the AFCE. Dave W. will get us back in gear he always does. But, I say this if we should lose in San Diego something drastic must change it will be anything to start producing points on offense and fast.

I don't believe Jay Fiedler is answer but, we have to give him some credit sometimes he does the job and sometimes he blows it. But, we as Dolphin fans must support him because he is all we got for now. If he starts making critical errors and letting their opponents score on every mistake then we must switch and see at least what Griese can bring to the table.

Yes, I am ranting but, I have faith in you Dolphins to turn this mug around.

Originally posted by RikWriter

I simply think that if we had a better QB, we would have won this game. He's not costing us games, but he is not WINNING us games either. He's a non-factor and the defenses know it. That's how they are able to get away with keying so hard on Ricky. We need a QB who WON'T miss those long passes. We are simply not good enough to get along without one. We are NOT the 2000 Ravens. Our defense is nowhere near as good as theirs. Our offensive line is nowhere near as good as theirs. We CAN'T take it to the next level with the offense playing the way it is, and QB play is part of that.

Perfectly put Rik. I don't blame Jay for that last int. Granted it was a little underthrown and the receiver wasn't open, but it was better than a punt. And I don't blame the defense. Even on that last overtime touchdown. Heck, they held the Patsies to 13 stinking points going into overtime. And that wasn't enough.
Pathetic offense..And I blame Fiedler..

Originally posted by Miamian
I disagree. On the last couple of drives Fiedler made passes mostly to McMichael to convert third downs after Ricky kept getting stuffed on 1st and 2nd. If you want to blame anyone, it's the coaches for being so incredibly predictable on the play-calling. How many times can we possibly run Ricky up the gut on 1st down. It was only towards the end of the game that we started changing things a little bit and starting moving the ball. Why the hell can't we run counters and misdirections. And for crying out loud, why are the Dolphins the only team on the planet that never checks off to screens when the defense is showing an obvious blitz?

There is another way of looking at this Miamian.

If you are driving a Hyundai you can't merge into the fast lane and run with the Ferrari's you want to be racing with. No matter how much you want to get out there and throttle your engine, the driver has to realize that he's only got a 4 cylinder engine under the hood.

Norv is driving the Hyundai (Jay Fiedler). I believe this is his dilemma. He wants to flex the muscles of his offense but has no playmaker to do so. If you call certain higher risk plays and your team executes them so badly on a consistent basis that it is a benefit to the other team to call them....... you'd stop calling them right? THERE YA GO!

Norv's system has done well everywhere he's gone. The system or the offensive coaches aren't the problem here. It's the Hyundai they have sit down and drive in.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

There is another way of looking at this Miamian.

If you are driving a Hyundai you can't merge into the fast lane and run with the Ferrari's you want to be racing with. No matter how much you want to get out there and throttle your engine, the driver has to realize that he's only got a 4 cylinder engine under the hood.

Norv is driving the Hyundai (Jay Fiedler). I believe this is his dilemma. He wants to flex the muscles of his offense but has no playmaker to do so. If you call certain higher risk plays and your team executes them so badly on a consistent basis that it is a benefit to the other team to call them....... you'd stop calling them right? THERE YA GO!

Norv's system has done well everywhere he's gone. The system or the offensive coaches aren't the problem here. It's the Hyundai they have sit down and drive in.

Very nice analogy Trek!!! And a perfect example of that is when the offense was trying to get into field goal range. I could just tell that Wanny/Turner were scared to death to throw the ball.
It's really a shame. When you try certain things enough and they don't work out, you just don't try them anymore. Norv Turner must be rolling over in his grave and he isn't dead yet..

Really? I seem to remember that the double-reverse to McKnight scored a touchdown and they could run more counters. And you didn't answer my question of why the Dolphins never check off to screens against blitzes.

Why blame Fiedler? Because he's not a good fit for Turner's offense and he sucks.

He's erratic, doesn't see the field, can't make a lot of throws (*cough*out pattern*cough*), can't throw across the field to his left reliably (*cough*coleman pick*clements pick*), misses wide open receivers, can't throw vertically, you name it.

Jay Fiedler was brought to Miami to play in the Kippy Brown/Chan Gailey offense, where you needed a mobile QB who could throw well on the run, looking only at one side of the field. Jay blows when he's sitting in the pocket looking for windows to hit guys with separation.

Jay Fiedler: Poor arm strength.
Brian Griese: Average arm strength.

Jay Fiedler: Poor vision in the pocket.
Brian Griese: Good vision in the pocket.

Jay Fiedler: Erratic/mediocre accuracy from the pocket.
Brian Griese: Very good accuracy from the pocket.

Jay Fiedler: Great mobility.
Brian Griese: Average mobility.

Jay Fiedler: Throws well on the run.
Brian Griese: Doesn't throw well on the run.

How often does NORV TURNER send guys on rollouts? How mobile were Troy Aikman, Brad Johnson, and all the other guys Turner made all-pros? Fiedler sucks in the pocket. Unless Norv starts sending him on rollouts and bootlegs, Griese is Miami's best option.

But as I can see, some people have their lips attached so firmly to Jay's ***, you won't admit he's a poor choice to run the offense until Norv benches/cuts his ***. Which, I assure you, is going to happen relatively soon. Wannstedt might have thought Rick Mirer was a great QB, but Turner is no dummy.

Back
Top Bottom