Why the Love for Cutler? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Love for Cutler?

Shamboubou

THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!
Reaction score
Why is everybody so attached to this guy on this website? I'm not going to claim to be a college expert, or even know what I'm talking about. I just want to know what is the reason for the love fest? I watched him in the practice for the senior bowl and I didn't really see anything amazing. I mean he threw some good passes but nothing that I would call amazing. So why the love fest from all the fins fans?

Please understand that I'm not trying to argue with anybody about his talent. I just want to know what in everybody's eyes makes him so good? Convince me to want him as much as a lot of other people.

Because everyone thinks that he might be able to be a QB for this team that can be better than the backups we have been starting.

we are desperate for a young qb... leinart and young will definitely be gone by the time we pick (unless we trade the farmt o move up)... cutler might still be around and he has a bright future. I.e. he might be the guy to lead us to the next level... on that possibility alone people get excited

Because every one knows this team is a QB away from being a legit playoff team. Anyone that gets press this offseason will be viewed as the answer. He seemed like a good prospect to me when he was projected a second or late first awhile back. All of a sudden he is the top guy - makes no sense. Then again remember Philip Rivers went from a 2nd to top 5 guy because of the senior bowl. If anyone thinks Leinhart is not the best QB coming out by far they haven't watched much football. He has all the skills and is almost NFL ready. Bush is exciting and will be good but to me the top pick is a no brainer - Leinhart behind center. He could be the Carson clone - if you are giving out 25 mil I'd rather give it to my franchise QB.

I don't get it either. Cutler this , Cutler that. I don't see what the big deal is, he is undersized for a quarterback. He also didn't show me much in the Senior Bowl. He wont be around by the time we draft so why do we continue to praise him. We are not going to get him. End of story.

Because he is from my area, if Saban thinks he's good enough, I would love to see him in a Dolphins uniform.

wyo said:
Because everyone thinks that he might be able to be a QB for this team that can be better than the backups we have been starting.

The majority of the people on this message board are desperate for a 'franchise' QB and think that he is the only 'franchise' QB we have a realistic shot at getting in the draft. I don't think Saban is so desperate.

umm, people are into Cutler exactly because he might be around by the time we draft!
anyhow, people have been asking the 'why Cutler?' question for weeks now. Myself included. It's definately a top-heavy class of QBs this year, so that has a lot to do with it. The combine should help to sort some more things out

I think croyle would be good. His downside that I can see, is that he was injured for most of his junior year at 'bama. Seems like a good QB out side of that.

Reguardless, i hope Saban and Co can figure out how to grab one these guys everyone keeps throwing around.

phin-fan34MDH said:
I don't get it either. Cutler this , Cutler that. I don't see what the big deal is, he is undersized for a quarterback. He also didn't show me much in the Senior Bowl. He wont be around by the time we draft so why do we continue to praise him. We are not going to get him. End of story.

:confused: :confused:

6'4" 230 is undersized:refuse:

Shamboubou said:
Why is everybody so attached to this guy on this website? I'm not going to claim to be a college expert, or even know what I'm talking about. I just want to know what is the reason for the love fest? I watched him in the practice for the senior bowl and I didn't really see anything amazing. I mean he threw some good passes but nothing that I would call amazing. So why the love fest from all the fins fans?

Please understand that I'm not trying to argue with anybody about his talent. I just want to know what in everybody's eyes makes him so good? Convince me to want him as much as a lot of other people.

ILPhinFan88 said:
Because he is from my area, if Saban thinks he's good enough, I would love to see him in a Dolphins uniform.

You are close to his area also, he is from Santa Clause Indiana, went to Heritage Hills High School.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
:confused: :confused:

6'4" 230 is undersized:refuse:

My Bad, I heard 6'2" 215. Sorry for my previous statement. But still we wont get him so what's the deal with talking about him.:confused:

Cutler is 6'2 7/8, 223 lbs.

phin-fan34MDH said:
My Bad, I heard 6'2" 215. Sorry for my previous statement. But still we wont get him so what's the deal with talking about him.:confused:

You may be thinking of Croyle not Cutler...Brodie is 6-3 205 lbs...definitely could put on some lbs...but still like this kid and his potential alot..

Back
Top Bottom