Why the Love for Cutler? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Love for Cutler?

I watched this kid in high school and he was as good an "athlete" that has ever come from this area. He was able to dominate games with mainly his legs in high school. He transformed into an awesome quarterback once he got to Vandy. Lets be honest here, when is the last time Vandy scared anyone? He was the one and only reason teams did not want to come into Nashville and play. The kid is a great athlete, there is no question about that, but he is smart. Just in case you don't know, not just anyone can get into Vandy. He has all of the physical tools and the mental makeup to be a outstanding QB. He has the arm to throw any pass. This kid has the potential to be a legit franchise QB for quite some time.

aqualuv said:
I watched this kid in high school and he was as good an "athlete" that has ever come from this area. He was able to dominate games with mainly his legs in high school. He transformed into an awesome quarterback once he got to Vandy. Lets be honest here, when is the last time Vandy scared anyone? He was the one and only reason teams did not want to come into Nashville and play. The kid is a great athlete, there is no question about that, but he is smart. Just in case you don't know, not just anyone can get into Vandy. He has all of the physical tools and the mental makeup to be a outstanding QB. He has the arm to throw any pass. This kid has the potential to be a legit franchise QB for quite some time.
Every article I read during Senior Bowl week said he was head and shoulders above the rest of the QB's there. Saw him play at Vandy and he was extremely accurate and in control of his team (leadership qualities) How he will do in the NFL is anyone's guess.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I just check three other sites, they all have him at 6'4" between 220 and 230?
Most players aren't as tall as indicated on their school site. The official heights were listed during the senior bowl weigh-in.
Cutler is officialy 6'2" 7/8.

I saw him in the all-star game and my conclusion is that he is extremely raw. The kid has a rifle for an arm and can make some great throws, but I worry about his decision making which was really poor in the game. I will admit this is the only time I saw him play and that may be a bit unfair. Still, I don't see him as a first round pick at this point.

I've been watching him for the last 2+ years at Vandy. Been talking about him well before his hype went all crazy. I've always admired his toughness and leadership playing for a greatly out-manned team in arguably the toughest conference in college football. He has all the tools necessary to be a great NFL QB, what he needs is some top notch coaching. The coaches at Vandy pretty much let him do his own thing, never gave him the proper coaching. I just love watching the kid play, his arm is amazing. I wish more people would have seen more of him because I know most people on this board are basing their opinions solely off of the senior bowl and practices and what they've heard about him.

SpeedRush99 said:
I've been watching him for the last 2+ years at Vandy. Been talking about him well before his hype went all crazy. I've always admired his toughness and leadership playing for a greatly out-manned team in arguably the toughest conference in college football. He has all the tools necessary to be a great NFL QB, what he needs is some top notch coaching. The coaches at Vandy pretty much let him do his own thing, never gave him the proper coaching. I just love watching the kid play, his arm is amazing. I wish more people would have seen more of him because I know most people on this board are basing their opinions solely off of the senior bowl and practices and what they've heard about him.

Agreed. That's the exact take I have on the guy. If we somehow get him don't expect him to be a Roethlisberger or Palmer who just steps in immediately. You won't know what you have in the kid until his 3rd season earliest.Is he worth the wait and the draft pick? I think so, but only if the coaching and patience are there. He has the tools, he just needs the right environment to develop them

Shamboubou said:
Why is everybody so attached to this guy on this website? I'm not going to claim to be a college expert, or even know what I'm talking about. I just want to know what is the reason for the love fest? I watched him in the practice for the senior bowl and I didn't really see anything amazing. I mean he threw some good passes but nothing that I would call amazing. So why the love fest from all the fins fans?

Please understand that I'm not trying to argue with anybody about his talent. I just want to know what in everybody's eyes makes him so good? Convince me to want him as much as a lot of other people.

He's considered by all the media as the third best QB in this years draft. He had an outstanding career in the college ranks and if you watch him play you will see he has all the abilities to be a quality #1 QB in the NFL.
He has a strong arm, and accurate. His quick release is one of the other things that may separate him from the others.Marinoesk.
Bottom line the guy may have the potential to be a star on the next level. Some think so, some question it. But even the ones who question it should be able to recognize that there is still alot of talent there.
Me, I don't know, I'll leave that decision up to Saban and fate.

I think Cutler's got some talent but I think he'll be gone by the time we pick so I'm thinking we'll go after Croyle or Whitehurst.I'm hoping for Greenway at 16 but he could be gone too.If Cutler,Greenway and Huff are all gone then I'm hoping we could move down and get some extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd round.I'm hoping to come out of this draft with an OLB,a QB and a LT......if we could somehow get Nick Mangold too then great....of course it all depends on what we do in free agency.One thing is for sure, this draft does not depend on drafting Cutler...we can have a great draft without him imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Shamboubou said:
Why is everybody so attached to this guy on this website? I'm not going to claim to be a college expert, or even know what I'm talking about. I just want to know what is the reason for the love fest? I watched him in the practice for the senior bowl and I didn't really see anything amazing. I mean he threw some good passes but nothing that I would call amazing. So why the love fest from all the fins fans?

Please understand that I'm not trying to argue with anybody about his talent. I just want to know what in everybody's eyes makes him so good? Convince me to want him as much as a lot of other people.

Instead of me convincing you, why don't you read the words of noted talent scout Frank Coyle.

http://www.gbnreport.com/coyle.htm

Why the love for Cutler? It's certainly not his good looks. It must be his name...JAY.

Back
Top Bottom