Why Trio Of Clemson D-linemen Are Prime Draft Targets For Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Trio Of Clemson D-linemen Are Prime Draft Targets For Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins general manager Chris Grier said attacking both offensive and defensive lines is his preferred starting point to build a team, and the good news is that April's draft is overflowing with talented defensive linemen and edge players who can make an immediate and long-term impact.

Here is where new defensive line coach Marion Hobby comes into play. Miami's new hire helped recruit and coach defensive linemen -- Clelin Ferrell, Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence -- during his time as co-defensive coordinator and defensive ends coach at Clemson. All three prospects are potential first-round picks.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...-linemen-are-prime-draft-targets-for-dolphins

Wilkins seems like the safest of the 3. You know you'll be getting a real leader and a consistent player.
Ferrell might be the biggest need as we really need help at DE but after Harris I'm worry of course
Lawrence could be a monster or he could eat himself out of football.
Not an easy decision to make.

Wilkins seems like the safest of the 3. You know you'll be getting a real leader and a consistent player.
Ferrell might be the biggest need as we really need help at DE but after Harris I'm worry of course
I have the same order.
Wilkins showing in the title game clinched it for me. However, I think we could trade down a little bit and get him.
Ferrell seems like a "Patriots Type Player" so they may have him higher than Wilkins
Lawrence is on my do not draft list for multiple reasons.

I have the same order.
Wilkins showing in the title game clinched it for me. However, I think we could trade down a little bit and get him.
Ferrell seems like a "Patriots Type Player" so they may have him higher than Wilkins
Lawrence is on my do not draft list for multiple reasons.
When it comes to these Clemson players I always wonder how good each would be without the others next to them. Was each of them so good or was the fact that they were all good helped make them looked better? This is why I like Wilkins. I believe he'll be a very good player regardless of who's next to him.

Any one of those guys would make sense for Miami. The Dolphins need so much talent on the defensive line. I kind of think going for the best pass rusher makes the most sense, but this staff values versatility and the ability to stop the run as well. Wilkins might be higher on the list for those reasons.

Kinda reminds me of Jamie Nails.

Lawrence ran 5.05 at 342 lbs and pulled up lame with a quad at the end

No reason he can’t run sub 5.0

It does seem there is a serious need for the Cog in the middle of whatever defense they want to employ, cog being the Vince wilfork type, Danny Shelton..

Not saying these guys wont be good, but for some reason Clemson defensive players have not turned out be good pro players. For as good as the Clemson program has been the Ohio State and Alabama guys have been much better NFL guys.
Sweat would be a dream pick but he will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom