Why veteran FA's are needed on this team. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why veteran FA's are needed on this team.

Dorfdad

Tickle Me I Dare You!
Reaction score
FA is now in full swing and it seems some people are perplexed as to why a team that needs to rebuild from the ground up are looking at some older veteran players instead of younger up and comers and I can explain it very easily.

Experience for the draft choices. Miami is going to draft young good defensive and offensive players, but in this league I understand that everyone needs to build through the draft but you need to have some veterans to train these guys. Coaches can yell and show tape all day but when you have a great tutor in front of you showing you how its done for 2/3 years you can learn the ropes and jump in and contribute when it's your time.

While we are not looking at winning the superbowl in years 1 or 2 I do think in this league with the right mix of players 3/4 years is plenty of time to go from last ot first.

I have ZERO problems adding older 30,31 year old veterans to the team instead of 36,39 year olds on there last legs. These guys are basically stop gaps for the youth movement and honestly if I had to pick a side I would want my Defense to contain more veterans than rookies..

The veterans we had for the most part were DOGS and only were able to show our youth that they have no deisre to play hard for the team not something I want the new crop to feel as we struggle this year..

I'm happy with the guys we're looking at. They can change the game and the atmosphere in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom