Why was my avatar removed? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why was my avatar removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailgun

Generational Poster
Reaction score
You know, all kidding aside, guys, I don't appreciate having my avatar summarily removed. It did not violate the TOS at all; I specifically chose it to comply with the rules after my last one was taken down.

If people truly can't read a post because of an avatar featuring a girl (and do you REALLY believe that?), how is that my fault? If so, I'm going to start complaining about every avatar that as ANY female in it. Really, just a picture of a girl with a pretty face may make me think of oral sex, so how can I possibly read Finheaven? C'mon, is that the ridiculous rules environment we're looking for? Shall I start filing some complaints, until every picture of every female is removed from this forum?

You know, InFinsible, the guys who have that Culpepper in their avatar make it hard for me to concentrate on reading posts! You know, because every time I see him I want to punch my laptop...

I rest my case. :evil:

I had a female wrestler on my avatar when I first signed up, she had a top on, shorts,arm sleeves. I was told it was against rules too. I just accepted it and changed it.She wasn't showing anything bad, but it is what it is.

Tailgun said:
You know, all kidding aside, guys, I don't appreciate having my avatar summarily removed. It did not violate the TOS at all; I specifically chose it to comply with the rules after my last one was taken down.

If people truly can't read a post because of an avatar featuring a girl (and do you REALLY believe that?), how is that my fault? If so, I'm going to start complaining about every avatar that as ANY female in it. Really, just a picture of a girl with a pretty face may make me think of oral sex, so how can I possibly read Finheaven? C'mon, is that the ridiculous rules environment we're looking for? Shall I start filing some complaints, until every picture of every female is removed from this forum?

You know, InFinsible, the guys who have that Culpepper in their avatar make it hard for me to concentrate on reading posts! You know, because every time I see him I want to punch my laptop...

I rest my case. :evil:
And now, I'll make my case....

You're wrong.

Signatures and Avatars
Added: February 1, 2004 - Avatars and signatures should not have any type of nudity or be too risqué, nor are they to contain violence. Basically, nothing sexually explicit or violent. However we also ask that you refrain from using bathing suit-type photos altogether for the purpose of promoting on-topic conversation. We believe this is fair as avatars and signatures are in every forum. In some forums these pictures may or may not be allowed. Thus, there should be no pictures, as stated above, in one's avatar or signature. However, images such as stated in the above may be posted in The Ladies Lounge.

The judgement of this court is that the avatar in question, a picture of two females bending over, and pointing their tight-jean covered butts at the camera, which promoted multiple off-topic comments, falls well within the previously established range of unacceptablity.

The court would also warn Mr. Tailgun, that any further disruption to this forum or it's members may subject him to penalties established under rule 12 of the TOS.

Case closed.

Evidently I'll make my case to the same admins who delete my replies so they can ignore my argument. What is up with that cowardice? Seriously, you're deleting on-topic posts in legitimate threads now? Are you really that juvenile?

And no, the girls in my avatar are NOT "bending over in front of the camera", but I couldn't help but notice how you deleted my post to prevent anyone from seeing that.

That's OK, I'm learning to save my posts, now that Finheaven has revealed its true colors:

How hypocritical is this forum to ban my avatar "because it's too distracting" and delete my protests of the same, yet this is the banner on top of EACH PAGE!

468x60_nfl_contest_sept06.gif

"Ladies Like 'Em Bigger"? Really, you don't say, miss t*ts-hanging-out?
:tantrum:

Since my posts were moved from the original thread and my avatar image is not available, I am posting it here to illustrate my argument:

finheaven-1.jpg

"Avatars and signatures should not have any type of nudity or be too risqué, nor are they to contain violence. Basically, nothing sexually explicit or violent. However we also ask that you refrain from using bathing suit-type photos altogether for the purpose of promoting on-topic conversation."

Now, how is my image (above) in violation? It contains no nudity or violence, it is not sexually explicit nor is it a bathing-suit photo. It is not "too risque", whatever-the-f that means. It is simply two chicks standing at a bar, fully clothed in bluejeans. They are not simulating anything sexual and certainly not doing anything violent.

So what gives? If it is simply any females in any avatars, then please make that rule clear to everyone. If I cannot have an image of any female in my avatar or sig, then neither should anyone else.

Am I right?

Yeah, but I'm proving a point: the forum rules for avatars are capricious, arbitrary, juvenile and ultimately hypocritical. Only certain forum members are getting their avatars removed, while others remain. Most importantly, avatar moderation isn't adhering to the very rules established in the TOS.

Tell us the rules, enforce them fairly, and we'll follow them. How is that not fair?

See, the problem is that you're not aware of the meaning of the word risque.
Let me help you out so that maybe you'll have a better understanding...

risque

Risqu'e \Ris`qu['e]"\, a. masc., Risqu'ee \Ris`qu['e]e"\, a. fem., . [F., p.p. of risquer to risk.] Hazardous; risky; esp., fig., verging upon impropriety; dangerously close to, or suggestive of, what is indecent or of doubtful morality; as, a risqu['e] story.

Now, as you can see, it is open to interpretation as to what will be considered too risque and that interpretation is made by the staff here at Finheaven. The staff is in unanimous agreement that your avatar fit the criteria of too risque. So, it will not be allowed.

We are not picking on you. You aren't special and you aren't unique, you're just like most every other person who we have to moderate in some way. You all wanna blame us when you get your hand caught in the cookie jar...

You knew what you were doing was bending the rules...as this quote by you attests to...a quote which you made after multiple off topic remarks concerning your avatar..

Tailgun said:
C'mon guys, you're gonna get me killed with the mods. :)

that implies that you knew the rule and you knew that your avatar was questionable.

See the part of the rule that I highlighted earlier in red? Your avatar did indeed promote off-topic conversation, that is an indisputable fact and enough justification for us to remove your avatar.

The decision is made, now, you have a choice to make....Either live with the rules of this site and follow them or find another MB that has rules more suitable to what you would like them to be.

As for the banner ads, None of the moderators or Administrators have control over those ads, that is strictly Finheaven business relations jurisdiction, so, your only recourse is to take your concerns to the Webmatser of this site.

and that's that my friend, sorry, but any further escalation or complaining about this is going to end badly for you, if in fact you do want to remain a member here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom