Why was my thread deleted? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why was my thread deleted?

spydertl79

Active Roster
Reaction score
:fire: I posted a thread last night about gay players in the NFL and it was either deleted or moved somewhere that I can't find it. I did not use the term gay in a derogatory or demeaning way, I was trying to spark a serious, mature discussion. I have never had a problem with the admins as long as I've been frequenting this site but this is an example of not only a flaw with this website, but a flaw with society. Why is a discussion about whether NFL players are gay and whether or not that would be accepted (posted in the correct forum) worthy of deletion while one of one million threads about Randy Moss or how the Dolphins suck or Chad Johnson's antics are left alone? I posted an interesting and different thread that followed the TOS. I am upset and disgusted by the actions of your administrators and I would really love to hear an explanation.

Your thread was deleted because it served no real purpose.

FYI, It was an Admin that deleted it.

Another FYI, I can read the reason you put for reporting a post.

spydertl79 said:
I would like this administrator to explain.
I'm not the Admin who deleted your thread but, I can tell you why it was deleted. Because there are too many people on this MB who are not mature enough to handle discussing a subject like that and I shudder to think what that thread would turn into.

inFINSible said:
I'm not the Admin who deleted your thread but, I can tell you why it was deleted. Because there are too many people on this MB who are not mature enough to handle discussing a subject like that and I shudder to think what that thread would turn into.

...what it was already turning into....

BTW... I'm the Admin that moved it.
Why? because it really doesn't matter if they're gay or not does it?
any more than it matters whether they're black or white.

WharfRat said:
...what it was already turning into....

BTW... I'm the Admin that moved it.
Why? because it really doesn't matter if they're gay or not does it?
any more than it matters whether they're black or white.
It does matter, just like it mattered that Jackie Robinson was black. I understand Infinsible's reason but I still disagree with my thread being deleted, not moved. If it were to be moved into the PoFo where people (for the most part) are more mature then I wouldn't be angry.

spydertl79 said:
It does matter, just like it mattered that Jackie Robinson was black. I understand Infinsible's reason but I still disagree with my thread being deleted, not moved. If it were to be moved into the PoFo where people (for the most part) are more mature then I wouldn't be angry.

Why would a thread about gay athletes be moved into the Political/War Forum. As WharfRat stated, it doesn't matter who's gay/straight/black/white. A post like that is destined to cause controversy and negative feedback. It has nothing to do with football.

njfinfan said:
Why would a thread about gay athletes be moved into the Political/War Forum. As WharfRat stated, it doesn't matter who's gay/straight/black/white. A post like that is destined to cause controversy and negative feedback. It has nothing to do with football.

Hey nj.. I'm truley sorry for your loss. My mother is about to go through her second chemo cycle for breast cancer. We seem to have similar relationships with our mom's so i just want you to know that I feel some of your pain.

FiN.in.RI said:
Hey nj.. I'm truley sorry for your loss. My mother is about to go through her second chemo cycle for breast cancer. We seem to have similar relationships with our mom's so i just want you to know that I feel some of your pain.

Thanks RI. I truly appreciate your sentiments. We do have similar relationships because I have just been diagnosed in remission from my breast cancer. I'll pray for your mom though. Take care and you can always pm me if you need help or advice.

Mary

Back
Top Bottom