Why Williams went to Houston... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Williams went to Houston...

taldolfin

Starter
Reaction score
There was one big thing that the owner of that team stated early this week....My pick will be signed.....key word signed before the draft...Bush wanted too much money and even thinks he will get more than the top pick...I like an owner that wont let these kid punks control them....The owners are in control....I think Bush can be a superstar but at what price?...Also with them investing so much money in Dom. Davis why would you spend even more money for that RB position?:dolphins:

305TillIDie said:
yeah..Reggie demanded more money then the texans was willing to give...williams pick shocked me..i dont know who going where now..time to throw away my mock draft soon :lol:

Late word is Reggie has demanded NO pay him 10% more than Williams, because he feels he is really the # 1 pick. I read that over at the NO board.

Beachbum said:
Late word is Reggie has demanded NO pay him 10% more than Williams, because he feels he is really the # 1 pick. I read that over at the NO board.

I saw on the NFL network that Bush is probably gonna ask for more money also- big mistake in my opinion, to see his ego getting the best of him. I hope whoever drafts him doesn't do it, cause he should follow the pay scale like all the guys drafted after #1 do. Williams got it, so bow down to the number #1 pick Mr. Bush!

i do want to see bush slip to the 4th position lol

haha lol want to see ask for more money still

H-CanePlayMaker said:

Lol... true... he would have big huevos then, gotta give him that! I think New Orleans is gonna be smarter than Houston though, and if they don't pick him- they'll trade down and have alot of picks this draft. I think is the smart thing to do for their team- especially with Deuce's big contract also!

new orleans shoulda camoflauged that stuff... prob. coulda got something for moving down 3 spots....bad maove...maybe rick spielman gave him some advice.

Bush Will Not Slip Past 3

at least i hope so....Eric Mangini is i product of the BB tree....he wont trade picks unless it was absolutley necessary...and this just isnt...going to work....go get your franchise QB...

I hope Bush doesn't drop to the Jets. That wouldn't be a good thing having to play him twice a year, and that would be a pretty good start to rebuilding thier team. Don't want to see that.

H-CanePlayMaker said:

I hope he slides to the 4th spot. To me he doesnt seem like a gamebreaker. He will be haunted by our defense and new englands. Him playing behind that horendous line doesnt scare me at all. Id rather the jets select bush than brikishaw:dolphins:

JayCee said:
I saw on the NFL network that Bush is probably gonna ask for more money also- big mistake in my opinion, to see his ego getting the best of him. I hope whoever drafts him doesn't do it, cause he should follow the pay scale like all the guys drafted after #1 do. Williams got it, so bow down to the number #1 pick Mr. Bush!

When does he sign and report to camp? Historically, rookies that sign late usually don't contribute much their 1st yr. I hope the Jets trade up to get him and he holds out.
Which skill position player had the best rookie season last yr? Carnell Williams (signed before TC). Who had the worst? Cedric (I'm the best RB in this draft) Benson.
Braylon Edwards 1st yr was unspectacular due to injury and unfamiliarity with the offense.
Ronnie Brown was unspectacular his first few games because he missed the 1st week of TC

dolfan4eva said:
I hope Bush doesn't drop to the Jets. That wouldn't be a good thing having to play him twice a year, and that would be a pretty good start to rebuilding thier team. Don't want to see that.

Bush is an exciting player, but he's not physically dominant and he can't take over a game. If the Jets get him that means they gave up a lot and that will hurt all the other areas of their team.
They lost Abraham and they need to replace him.
Reggie Bush and the Jets offense won't be able to get on the field because their defense won't be able to get off.

blazingchrons said:
I hope he slides to the 4th spot. To me he doesnt seem like a gamebreaker. He will be haunted by our defense and new englands. Him playing behind that horendous line doesnt scare me at all. Id rather the jets select bush than brikishaw:dolphins:[/quot

Are you nuts? You do not think Reggie Bush is a game breaker? I think Reggie Bush is the best college player I have ever seen. He looks like a faster, shiftier version of Marshall Faulk. He has to be the best pass cathing running back I have ever seen. Who is going to cover him coming out of the backfield? A linebacker or a safety? Good luck. I can see Reggie Bush in the Hall of Fame when his career is over.

Back
Top Bottom