Why won't tannehill throw deep? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why won't tannehill throw deep?

Subway01

Active Roster
Reaction score
Watching games like saints vs panthers, it just baffles me why can't our quarterback just sling it out? He is probably the most boring quarterback to watch. The online is atrocious but he is athletic enough to buy and time throw pass the line of scrimmage. I am fed up seeing him throw 3-4 yards and expecting his receivers to break tackles. I hope we draft a quarterback in the draft to push tannehill.

There was a play where the WR on the far left would have walked

in to the endzone if RT throws it just in front of him

He threw it to the other WR in a spot where it could not be caught

the deeper ball was the easier pass

Did you happen to catch our game today or just simply choose to only watch the Panthers / Saints game?

The WRs need to run deep routes in order for him to do so. I don't watch game film so I don't know if they run deep routes that he just never throws to. Someone else will have to talk about that.

These are just the last four games

enY6lG1.gif

v959qAL.gif

zrWh8VR.gif

VY27DfR.gif

b0m0AWD.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you happen to catch our game today or just simply choose to only watch the Panthers / Saints game?

I did watch the game. He just one good play with devante Parker and it wasn't for our defense, we would have lost. Scoring 8 points on a mediocre team like Baltimore ain't going to cut it. It's a pain to watch this offense. We got nothing to lose so why not play all out?

The offensive scheme is built on short passes and yards after catch. Its a very crappy system in the pros.

There was a play where the WR on the far left would have walked

in to the endzone if RT throws it just in front of him

He threw it to the other WR in a spot where it could not be caught

the deeper ball was the easier pass

would it have been across his body? across the other side of the field? because if so, no it wouldnt have been an easier throw...but not sure which play you are talking about so

granted there was one deep pass and that was roughly 38 yards... almost half of his total yards... you have to stop debating something so apparent because you are definitely doing too much defending at this point. Our QB had 86 total yards passing.....86!!

Watching games like saints vs panthers, it just baffles me why can't our quarterback just sling it out? He is probably the most boring quarterback to watch. The online is atrocious but he is athletic enough to buy and time throw pass the line of scrimmage. I am fed up seeing him throw 3-4 yards and expecting his receivers to break tackles. I hope we draft a quarterback in the draft to push tannehill.

HaHaHaHaHa...haven't you read? He can't throw a deep ball! In fact he can't throw short balls, he can't read defenses, he can't look off defenders, he isn't smart enough to audible, has terrible pocket presence, doesn't know when to run, doesn't know when not to run, always throws short of the sticks on 3rd down, doesn't have IT, shows no emotion, doesn't help when it's crunch time, only makes plays during garbage time, cares more about his own passing stats then trying to win, not a leader of men, and that's half of it!

Because the offense is designed around short quick passes. Hence all the stupid wr bubble screens. If you want what the saints have then hope Payton comes here.

You can't just throw deep to throw deep. Maybe in Madden it works but in real life it is a lot easier to say throw deep then to actually go out and do it.

HaHaHaHaHa...haven't you read? He can't throw a deep ball! In fact he can't throw short balls, he can't read defenses, he can't look off defenders, he isn't smart enough to audible, has terrible pocket presence, doesn't know when to run, doesn't know when not to run, always throws short of the sticks on 3rd down, doesn't have IT, shows no emotion, doesn't help when it's crunch time, only makes plays during garbage time, cares more about his own passing stats then trying to win, not a leader of men, and that's half of it!

Pretty much.

Regardless of whether or not you think Tannehill can throw an adequate downfield pass, here is the truth: Our offense is designed to throw short crossing passes and screen type plays and create YAC.

If you look at the pass routes that are run (if you have the NFL.com game film package it's perfect for that), you'll see it clearly. The mean depth we get on our pass routes is probably like six or seven yards. I mean, maybe even less than that because of how much Lazor loved the throws behind the line of scrimmage.

granted there was one deep pass and that was roughly 38 yards... almost half of his total yards... you have to stop debating something so apparent because you are definitely doing too much defending at this point. Our QB had 86 total yards passing.....86!!

and the Eagles might beat the Pats with Bradford throwing for 120...they run a very similar offense to ours...

Back
Top Bottom