Why you should be happy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why you should be happy

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I am not going to delve into the on going Fiedler war. I am a main participant, and I am not real popular with some of you because of it. However, I am going to ask you to extract your feelings from that for a minute and realize why we all should be happy.

There is no denying our offense is not very good. It just seems to be a matter of where different people want to place the blame. Some on the QB, some on the coach, some on the coordinator, some the O line, and some a little of all of the above.

It appears this week we are going to have a look at a different QB, and at least two changes on the O Line or maybe less, depending on Dixon's health. That means that our team and coaches are doing everything they can to try and win. Hey I can live with that. It doesn't matter so much to me if Griese pans out or fails. What matters to me is we used every possible option available to us to win this year. Its not about Jay Fiedler, its about winning. If Griese doesn't do well, fine. Put Jay back in. At least we tried and we now know. But to continue to try and run behind the line as it has been previously staffed, or to continue to watch the passing game struggle without attempting to do anything about it, would be not only frustrating, but irresponsible by the Dolphins coaching staff.

So Jay's inury has given them a nice little cushion of time to try and evaluate Griese, and also to shake up the line. The can then fall back to the injury if "it doesn't work out". A nice little plan with QB controversy protection built right into it.

I am happy and proud of our team for trying to make this not only a competitive team, but really deliver on a championship.

To the many of you who never understood this, that is why so many of us are hard on the team. We don't want to win a few games, we want a championship for the fans and also for guys like Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, Tim Bowens, and others who have played at that high level for so long. They deserve it and we the fans deserve it.

And now the coaches are doing everythign they can to deliver it.

Thank you Miami Dolphins.

Well, it will be pretty much up to Griese. I hope he's the answer. If Dixon can't play that means the only real change will be McKinney at center, and Ricky wasn't gaining any yards with him in there either. I am definetly one who thinks the problems are more than just quarterback so if Griese can score significant points with essentially the same line that Jay had, then make the permanent switch.

Good post but, I just wish Dave had the b***s to do this before Jay's injury. Let's just hope if Brian can't do it we give Sage a chance.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
Good post but, I just wish Dave had the b***s to do this before Jay's injury. Let's just hope if Brian can't do it we give Sage a chance.

Yeah, we could have been 5-1 right now. Oops, forgot, we could have been 5-1 anyway except for Mare.:lol:

Griese was injured up to this point and not even practicing. Not much sense in that. And there's still debate whether or not he's even 100% right now.

You do realize Griese was injured anyway, right?

whatever QB we play, he's not the STAR of the team, so that won't really affect my happiness either way. my happiness on the football front depends on our contention for home-field advantage.

Great post fin-attic

I would like to see dixon replacing nails though. IMO that would help the line tremendously.

I don't know much about this but I thought Ruddy was way better than Mckinney?????

w/Jay not practising yesterday, Griese s/b starting Mon nite. Maybe I have watched too much baseball, but
Griese had 316 yards passing and two touchdowns with one interception in a 26-9 victory on Oct. 12 against the Chargers, who had since-departed Pro Bowl players Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison.
that stat also makes me want to see Griese out there (now).

McKinney is a better C. Ruddy really is playing crappy, he is tired banged up and I do not know what this supposed longtime vet. thing is. He makes a whole load of penalties.

Originally posted by Jaj
McKinney is a better C. Ruddy really is playing crappy, he is tired banged up and I do not know what this supposed longtime vet. thing is. He makes a whole load of penalties.
all they keep saying (about Cs in general) is that Ruddy is better at calling the blocking schemes out for the OL than Seth. Ruddy is a very smart guy outside of football, but I would still expect Seth to pick it up eventually if he was allowed to play more

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Ruddy got his *** kicked last game.

I understand he had a bad game but I also read or heard something about Mckinney not calling the line plays right or something to that extent????

Back
Top Bottom