Wide Receiver Sam Simmons Signs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide Receiver Sam Simmons Signs

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Fifth round pick wide receiver Sam Simmons, from Northwestern University, agreed to a three year deal on Thursday. Financial terms for the deal were not yet disclosed. Simmons is expected to compete with Jeff Ogden to be the teams fifth Wide Receiver, as well as the teams starting Kick and Punt Returner.

i would like to have a kr/pr who can take it to the house everytime he returns it...hopefully simmons or robert baker can do the job...ogden really pissed me off last year as he fumbled 3 punts...

Well if Ogden pissed you off stay far far away from Baker who's biggest problem has been his hands.

Simmons posesses nice speed and change of direction skills which is a must for a PR/KR. He also has one thing Ogden never will.HEART AND NO FEAR! He will not fair catch anything but inside 10 prob all year. This kid has broken most every bone and still played so I know he'll be fearless.

A team like ours depends on Field position and don't understand why we haven't tried to upgrade to a legit star returner. We will regret not offering Wilkins a better deal than we did. Colts may have matched it but we could have traded for him like Rams did.

I don't think Ogden lacks heart or courage. Anybody who runs back punts is brave. I think that he just knows his limitations. Maybe too much so.

Back
Top Bottom