Wide Recievers to keep for the next season... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide Recievers to keep for the next season...

Which Recievers do you keep? (remember you can select a bunch if you like)

• Chris Chambers

Votes: 43 97.7%
  • Derrius Thompson

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Oronde Gadsden

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Sam Simmons

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Kendall NEwson

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • J.R. Tolver

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • James McKnight

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Here are the WRs to choose from to retain for next year, who would you keep (more than one can be selected in this type of poll)

I would simply start the depth chart off with:
1.Chris Chambers
4.J.R. Tolver

Should be filled like:
1.Chris Chambers
2.Rookie or FA(i.e. L.Evans, D.Jackson)
3.Vet or rookie-RD.3(i.e. D.Thompson/T.Brown, B.Berrian/J.Cotchery)
4.J.R. Tolver
5.KR/PR- FA, our own, or draft(i.e. who knows, S.Simmons, S.Parker)

You know everyone will vote for Chambers as a lock.....but My second option would be to keep McKnight at our #4 WR (also considering he restructures to get paid like a #4) ....hes an experienced veteran with speed.....although he can be inconsistent at times, he has made some great plays for us......as for this Tolver kid, I dont know, I never actually got to see him hit the field....and I choose not to believe anymore fan hype....I was totally mislead with D. thompson.....so until I see him playing, then I will judge him.

Thompson played pretty well towards the end of the year. McKnight is more of a #s victim because of cap & youth reasons.

Yeah, I think we should keep Chambers (Obviously), Tolver, and Simmons (and maybe Thompson). I think we need to give Tolver a shot. He really showed up in the preseason and training camp and played really well. I think he will be a great possesion receiver someday.

phins wr

would love to have Jason Geathers wr/rb miami 6'3 215 4.44 was going to have a breakout year with the hurricanes untill he had to switch positions to running back because of frank gore getting hurt also a return man he is big fast and has pretty good hands would be a great middle to late round pick. Jerricho Cotchery 6'0 197 4.65 would also be a good pick up in the draft not a burner but gets open and knows how to run routes which is more important than people think and great hands snatches the ball out of the air instead of using the body to catch also would replace the over the middle and possession receiver to complement Chambers. 4.25 in the forty sounds nice but all that receiver is going to run is fly patterns exp. randal hill, james jett give me someone that runs a pattern exp. jerry rice, isaac bruce, hines ward. just a thought

Darius Thompson should definately be cut. McKnight taking only 1 mil at the most should be retained.

Is Geathers a senior? If not, I doubt he comes out. I haven't seen him on any top 30 WR lists. IMO, from what I see watching UM, Geathers will never be a good back OR a #1, 2, or 3 WR in the NFL.

I like Cotchery in the 3rd..

Originally posted by Sherif
McKnight taking only 1 mil at the most should be retained.

There will probably be 1000 receivers around the $1m price range better than McKnight.

Geather is a senor he never had the chance to stay in one position i am saying a late round 6,7 pick if he is there would be a good pick he also returns kick which would help

Originally posted by canesandphins1
Geather is a senor he never had the chance to stay in one position i am saying a late round 6,7 pick if he is there would be a good pick he also returns kick which would help

I remember him running back kicks last year(I think??). He looked pretty good back there. I wouldn't mind him as a very late-round return man, but we must draft a receiver on day 1.

Back
Top Bottom