Wild Card predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wild Card predictions

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Right now, no one has said who the sixth team would be if the playoffs started today. As for next week, it looks like the three teams who are 8-7 who have the best chance at the playoff spot (not considering who they play next week but what they need from other teams) are the Browns, Jets, and Cheifs.

Here is what the Browns need:

Cleveland Browns -- Can clinch playoff spot:

1) Win AND Denver win AND N.Y. Jets win
2) Win AND Kansas City loss or tie AND N.Y. Jets win
3) Win AND Denver win AND Miami win or tie
4) Win AND Kansas City loss or tie AND Miami win or tie
5) Tie AND N.Y. Jets loss or tie AND New England loss or tie AND Denver loss or tie AND San Diego loss or tie AND Kansas City loss
6) New England loss AND N.Y. Jets loss AND Baltimore loss or tie AND Denver loss AND San Diego loss AND Kansas City loss

Note: There are other scenarios in which Cleveland can clinch a playoff berth if it is determined that after this week’s games they will own the strength of victory tiebreaker over the teams they are tied with.

And the Jets:

New York Jets -- Can clinch AFC East division:

1) Win AND Miami loss

N.Y. Jets clinch playoff spot:

1) Win AND Cleveland loss or tie AND Denver win
2) Win AND Cleveland loss or tie AND Kansas City loss or tie
3) Tie AND New England loss or tie AND Cleveland loss AND Denver loss or tie AND Kansas City loss AND San Diego loss or tie

Also the Cheifs:

Kansas City Chiefs -- Can clinch playoff spot:

1) Win AND Denver loss or tie AND New England loss or tie
2) Win AND Denver loss or tie AND Indianapolis win or tie AND N.Y. Jets loss or tie
3) Win AND Denver loss or tie AND Indianapolis loss AND N.Y. Jets win AND Cleveland win
4) Tie AND New England loss AND N.Y. Jets loss or tie AND Cleveland loss or tie AND Denver loss AND San Diego loss or tie

Note: There are other scenarios in which Kansas City can clinch a playoff berth this week if it is determined that after this week’s games they will own the strength of victory tiebreaker over the teams they are tied with.

However, both of these teams have tough games next week. The Jets play the Packers and the Browns play the Falcons. I think if the playoffs started today, the Browns would be in, but I am not sure.

In AFC Games next week that are important to the playoffs (almost every one of them), here is who I predict to win

KC @ Oakland - Oakland wins
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh wins
Tennessee @ Houston - Tennessee wins
Atlanta @ Cleveland - Atlanta wins
Miami @ New England - Miami wins
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis - Indianapolis wins
Green Bay @ New York Jets - Green Bay wins
Arizona @ Denver - Denver wins
Seattle @ San Diego - San Diego wins

With all of this happening, the playoff order will be Oakland, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Miami, Indianapolis, and ?????

To figure out who ?????? is, you have to look at the scenarios. I have determined that Denver will go to the playoffs with my prediction. Now you may be wondering, how is it Denver. Well, for Denver to get in, they need one of the following scenarios to happen.

Denver Broncos -- Can clinch playoff spot:

1) Win AND Cleveland loss or tie AND New England loss or tie AND N.Y. Jets loss or tie
2) Win AND Cleveland loss or tie AND Miami loss AND N.Y. Jets win
3) Tie AND New England loss or tie AND N.Y. Jets loss AND Cleveland loss AND Kansas City loss or tie AND San Diego loss or tie

With my prediction when a lot of the 8-7 teams fall, Denver doesn't. They will clinch with the first scenario, they win, Cleveland loses, New England loses, and the Jets lose.

So there you have it, Oakland and Tennessee will have the first week of the playoffs off, while Denver travels to Pittsburgh and Indianapolis travels to Miami.

I know everyone hates the Jets so do I but people are counting them out this week against the Packers. I believe they will have a very good shot at winning that game. I normally don't do this but the Jets beat Buffalo much more soundly then Green Bay did. We better beat New England because although I believe KC will lose to Oakland that 4:15 game between the Jets and Packers will be stressfull. I hate to say it but my prediction would be Jets win. I'm an odd Dolphins fan though I actually hate the Patriots more than the Bills and Jets. If we lose this game I will be tortured all off season with all the same stuff about not being able to win in the cold or in December. I'd rather see New York in the Playoffs then the Champs.

The Packers will be playing for Homefield advantage. If the Packers win, they are basically going to the Super Bowl. No one is going to win a game in Lambeau but the Packers. I don't think the Packers will blow homefield throughout, they are going to beat the Jets! I can understand why some would think that the Jets will win, but my prediction is a GB win.

I hope it ends that way IceBlizzard...Colts at Miami....yyyyesss :)

Z28, I see where your coming from, but realize that GB shut out that Buffalo Offense... they are playing insane D right now... I don't think NY can beat them... it won't be a blow out, but GB makes a statement nonetheless this week.

Back
Top Bottom