Wilkerson Traded | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilkerson Traded

BillsFanInPeace

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
POSTED 1:07 p.m. EST, March 3, 2007
FINS SHIP BIG DADDY TO DENVER
The Denver Broncos have continued to show their thirst for defensive linemen who once were taken at the top of the draft by acquiring tackle Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson from the Miami Dolphins.
Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting the deal, and says that the Fins will get a sixth-round pick from the Broncos in exchange.
Wilkinson was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1994 draft, and has played for the Bengals, Redskins, Lions, and Fins.
Other highly drafted defensive linemen on the Broncos include defensive end Courtney Brown (No. 1 overall in 2000) and defensive tackle Gerard Warren (No. 3 overall in 2001).

Well color me shocked. Atleast we got something for him instead of just letting him go.

that move will save the Dolphins thousands in meal money.

plus it gives the team more dounut money for Hank Goldburgh.

Well color me shocked. Atleast we got something for him instead of just letting him go.

Great we got any pick for him. I am trying to be encouraged by the moves were making. Cam must have a lot of faith in our youth on both lines.

This is great

Everyone must be in the McMichael Thread

A pick for a guy that we picked up off the street last year. Good stuff.

A 6th rounder for a player that didn't do much for us anyways and is really old is fine by me! Way to take out the trash Cam and Mueller!

Great move. Another draft pick for Tiny Two Tons.

I hope we pick up some more draft picks. Then we have alot of options.

I totally didn't see this one coming. I figured we would just cut him. Oh well, Denver gets a good player and we clear some cap space along with getting a pick. We must be extremely confident in our younger players or be looking to take Alan Branch after all these trades and cuts.

Let's see,
a 6th round pick............didn't New England use a 6th round pick on some guy named Tom Brady.

Great Trade. I hope Cam gives the Wrights and Evans a chance. I think they could definitely fill the DT spot along with Holliday. No need to draft Alan Branch.

I guess this must mean that after Traylor makes his rounds around the league to gauge his market value...that we will re-sign him to start at NT.

This must also mean that MIA will definitely draft a NT in either the 1st or 2nd round.

Truthfully, I wouldnt be surprised if Amobi Okoye who showed up at the combines at 302 lbs has catipulted his stock past Branch's as a pure NT.

Right now, Manny Wright is the carbon copy of Alan Branch: 6-6 325lbs. MIA obviously thinks higly enough of Wright to not only trade Big Daddy but hasnt even re-signed Traylor.

Mike Mayock even stated that he has Branch as a potential bust. That some dont feel he is a true NT. MIA would need a NT, not a DT.

But other than those two there is Tank Tyler and maybe Pit**** as 2nd round options.

Back
Top Bottom