Wilkins weighs in on Tua being “overrated” | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilkins weighs in on Tua being “overrated”

I don’t understand the question. Honestly, if anything Tua is underrated. I live in NE and I can tell you most non dolphins fans think Tua stinks and was only successful last year because of the supporting cast. I hear it over and over just like they hear that the Patriots stink lol.

Tua is ok. It all boil down winning in playoff. How far can he take dolphins in playoff also. We have too see how it plays out.
If it was easy as you go as far as your QB can take you than Dan Marino would have a better playoff record than 8-10 and a handful of rings.

Last edited:
It wasn't a direct answer but wasn't a diss.

Wilkins plays for another team now, and I don't get the point of asking him that question in general.

Tua is ok. It all boil down winning in playoff. How far can he take dolphins in playoff also. We have too see how it plays out.
Spot on. Tua is a great regular season QB like Phillip Rivers was or Dak Prescott currently is. Unfortunately, this isn't lame a** college football where the regular season actually means anything, other than qualifying for the real season. Until Tua starts winning in the real season he will be just like Lamar, a choke artist. Hopefully that changes in 2024/25.

Tua gotta step up more in the big games and the games that matter most IE playoffs/games with division title on the line/home field advantage.

If he continues to disappoint in these moments, then I think he will be done as a dolphin. Mike McDaniel might be as well.

Back
Top Bottom