Will 1 Of The Top 3 QBs Be There When We Pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will 1 Of The Top 3 QBs Be There When We Pick?

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Lets look at the draft order. This is without trades because they are too hard to predict, but if a trade occurs it obviously changes everything.

1.Houston- Former 1st rounder in Carr, who is a good QB but needs better supporting cast. I think they stick with Carr. QB-NO

2.New Orleans- Reports are they are done w/ Brooks. New coach will take a big name to come in with a bang. Leinart or Young probably the pick. QB-YES

3.Tennesee- McNair still has some football left in him and they have Volek who has played very well in place of McNair. Lots of other holes as well. QB-NO

4.New York- Pennington is very injury prone, freak injuries left them w/o a decent QB all year. I think they keep Pennington and keep Feidler or look for another veteran. I think they have other more pressing needs. They could win with a combo of playing time between Pennington/Fiedler. QB-NO

5.Green Bay- Drafted Aaron Rodgers last year, no need to spend another 1st round pick on a QB. QB-NO

6.Oakland- I think the new coach here looks for a veteran or sticks with Collins and drafts a late round QB. They could use some D in the 1st. QB-NO

7.San Francisco- Drafted Alex Smith last year. Definitely no QB here. QB-NO

8.Buffalo Bills- Drafted JP Losman 2 years ago. Still waiting for him to develop but I don't think they go QB. QB-NO

9.Detroit- Not sure on this one. They have Harrington another 1st round QB. But Harrington hasn't panned out yet even with all his offensive weapons. Could be because the team has been in total disarray. I think they stick with Harrington for another year and bring in another veteran QB to mentor him. QB-NO

10.Arizona- I could definitely see Denny Green going after one of the remaining QBs here. Arizona needs a QB to get the ball to their All Pro WRs. QB- YES

11.St. Louis- Rams are set for now with Bulger. Plus have major needs on defense. QB-NO

12.Cleveland- I think Cleveland likes what they saw from rookie Charlie Frye. Will probably wait and see how his development progresses. QB-NO

13.Baltimore- I don't think they are quite yet done waiting on Kyle Boller. He had some decent games down the stretch, enough to make the Ravens wait at least one more year. QB-NO

14. Philadelphia- Set with Donovan Mcnabb. QB-NO

15.Atlanta- Although he's not the best passer, they are set with Vick. QB-NO

16.Miami- If it works out this way Cutler is most likely left on the board with Leinart to the Saints and Young to the Cardinals. QB-YES

This is just my opinion on how I view each teams needs. However, I find it highly unlikely that one of the top 2 QBs, Young and Leinart would fall all the way to #10 Arizona. Someone is likely to trade up to take them in the top 5 or someone could shock everyone and make them the suprise pick. In anycase I think Cutler might have a good shot at being there when we pick. I think a lot of the teams that are above us who need QBs have more pressing needs elsewhere on their teams.

If either Young or Leinart is there for the Titans at #3 they will take one of them.

If Cutler does anything at the combine he could be gone in the top 10.

Houston, New Orleans, Tennessee, the Jets, the Raiders, and Arizona could all be in the marker for a QB. New Orleans and Arizona are simply the most likely. The Jets are probably the least likely, since they have a ton of money already invested at the position. Someone will porbably get Rivers, which are help us in the Cutler sweepstakes.

how in the world did Cutler rise so fast. He hasn't played in a bowl game, he hasn't done the senior bowl, no combine... but he went from second round to high first. what the heck?

Pocoloco said:
how in the world did Cutler rise so fast. He hasn't played in a bowl game, he hasn't done the senior bowl, no combine... but he went from second round to high first. what the heck?

Thats what I was wondering also. Don't know how that happened either but I guess from this post I'm taking the "experts" word for it. :lol:

The Saints, Jets, Lions, Cardinals and Ravens are potential teams to draft a QB in the first round. There is only a slight chance that Cutler will be around at #16. Miami will most likely have to trade up BIG TIME for Young or Leinhart OR they could trade up into the top 10 for Cutler.

My guess as to the likelyhood each team will draft a QB in round1
Houston- they look like they want to keep Carr---No QB
NO- franchise in disaster needs a QB to build around---85%chance
Tenessee-McNair looks to be gone, but even if he stays, they need a future QB to groom---35% chance
New York-a team in rebuilding that will most likely take BPA, but a lot depends on what new coach thinks of Chad---Havent a Clue%
Green Bay-already spent a 1st on AR---0%
Oakland-desperate need of a reliable young QB to groom but they do have other needs---60% chance
SF-Smith jury still out for their GM. 0% chance
BUF-JP jury still out for their GM. 0% chance
DET-Will they give Harrington another shot? Depends on new front office if they even keep him around, but a project QB wouldnt be out of placein later rounds. If Harrington is gone for good, then there's a really good chance.---30% chance
AZ-McCown is avg and not the man to lead them out of mediocrity. If Young, Lienart or Cutler are here, they'll nab one.---99% chance
STL-good depth at QB, not a 1st round need---0% chance
CLE-Frye showed promise and a QB will not be taken in rnd1---0% chance
BAL-K Boller played his best ever in the last few games. I think he earned another year to prove himself. 5% chance(Remember SD and Rivers?)
PHI-McNabb=Mc0% chance
ATL-Vick's still hasnt worn out his welcome and his backup is promising= 0%
MIA- <=> Cutler is still on the board, Miami could very well take him if someone ranked really high does not slide= 50% chance

That is possible. But it all depens if Saban is high on Cutler. We may not even draft a QB, who knows. With the current rumour circulating FinHeaven, it appears we may get a guy like McNair or Carr.

Fish_Fan4Life said:
That is possible. But it all depens if Saban is high on Cutler. We may not even draft a QB, who knows. With the current rumour circulating FinHeaven, it appears we may get a guy like McNair or Carr.

I don't see how the McNair option is a smart move. It seems like McNair would be a slight upgrade to Frerotte. Both Frerotte and McNair are at the end of their careers though. They both only have a couple years left as a starting QB. I could see both of them playing longer in a backup role, if they want that role.

I personally don't like Carr. But at least he makes more sense. He could come to Miami and possibly take his level of play to the next level. He could have his prime years in Miami because he is still pretty young. It makes more sense.

i wont be suprised if we end up either drafting huff because the need of a QB on all those teams or trasding up for a QB

Fish_Fan4Life said:

Texans are not going to give up Carr unless we trade one of our high picks away. And I wouldn't want to either. Nothing against Carr or anything, but....

A). How do we know he's not a bad QB? I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, because not even Peyton Manning can help the Texan's situation with Carr's supporting cast.

B). We have the luck of a lone donkey in the Kentucky derby when it comes to bringing in QB's from other teams.

As for McNair... No.... Nothing against McNair, but unless Marino is coming out of retirement, I wouldn't want to sign another 32+ year old vet.

I'm hoping that Cutler has a great combine....and let the real QB for the Dolphins in the draft be taken with a second round pick....Omar Jacobs.

Anyone think that Jacobs doesn't fit the type of QB that Mueller selects?

jay cutler ok wat is so impresive bout him ?

drew olsen steal of the draft

CHRISCANEQB726 said:
jay cutler ok wat is so impresive bout him ?

drew olsen steal of the draft

Have you seen him play?

CHRISCANEQB726 said:
NO IF YES Y WOLUD I BE ASKIN?

This board is full of wise guys, figured you were another hater. Anyway, he has all the tools needed to be successful in the NFL but you have to see him play yourself to form your own opinion.

Back
Top Bottom