Will 1 Of The Top 3 QBs Be There When We Pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will 1 Of The Top 3 QBs Be There When We Pick?

Ok Lets say the Dolphins do want Cutler. Well I am almost positive if his draft stock goes up any more then he will be gone when Detroit picks cause they need a QB and are tired of Joey Harrington. I have been very critical of Jay Cutler and I could be wrong, But my feeling is that he will not be a good NFL QB. I really like to see Omar Jacobs in the Later rounds. I don't know where Omar would go and I know he has not played againist the best talent but from what I seen of him he looked great! I am not going to give all his stats just the best team they played was Wisconsin at the first of the year and he had 30-51 for 458 and 5 td's and 1 int.

NJPHIN34 said:
Lets look at the draft order. This is without trades because they are too hard to predict, but if a trade occurs it obviously changes everything.

1.Houston- Former 1st rounder in Carr, who is a good QB but needs better supporting cast. I think they stick with Carr. QB-NO

2.New Orleans- Reports are they are done w/ Brooks. New coach will take a big name to come in with a bang. Leinart or Young probably the pick. QB-YES

3.Tennesee- McNair still has some football left in him and they have Volek who has played very well in place of McNair. Lots of other holes as well. QB-NO

4.New York- Pennington is very injury prone, freak injuries left them w/o a decent QB all year. I think they keep Pennington and keep Feidler or look for another veteran. I think they have other more pressing needs. They could win with a combo of playing time between Pennington/Fiedler. QB-NO

5.Green Bay- Drafted Aaron Rodgers last year, no need to spend another 1st round pick on a QB. QB-NO

6.Oakland- I think the new coach here looks for a veteran or sticks with Collins and drafts a late round QB. They could use some D in the 1st. QB-NO

7.San Francisco- Drafted Alex Smith last year. Definitely no QB here. QB-NO

8.Buffalo Bills- Drafted JP Losman 2 years ago. Still waiting for him to develop but I don't think they go QB. QB-NO

9.Detroit- Not sure on this one. They have Harrington another 1st round QB. But Harrington hasn't panned out yet even with all his offensive weapons. Could be because the team has been in total disarray. I think they stick with Harrington for another year and bring in another veteran QB to mentor him. QB-NO

10.Arizona- I could definitely see Denny Green going after one of the remaining QBs here. Arizona needs a QB to get the ball to their All Pro WRs. QB- YES

11.St. Louis- Rams are set for now with Bulger. Plus have major needs on defense. QB-NO

12.Cleveland- I think Cleveland likes what they saw from rookie Charlie Frye. Will probably wait and see how his development progresses. QB-NO

13.Baltimore- I don't think they are quite yet done waiting on Kyle Boller. He had some decent games down the stretch, enough to make the Ravens wait at least one more year. QB-NO

14. Philadelphia- Set with Donovan Mcnabb. QB-NO

15.Atlanta- Although he's not the best passer, they are set with Vick. QB-NO

16.Miami- If it works out this way Cutler is most likely left on the board with Leinart to the Saints and Young to the Cardinals. QB-YES

This is just my opinion on how I view each teams needs. However, I find it highly unlikely that one of the top 2 QBs, Young and Leinart would fall all the way to #10 Arizona. Someone is likely to trade up to take them in the top 5 or someone could shock everyone and make them the suprise pick. In anycase I think Cutler might have a good shot at being there when we pick. I think a lot of the teams that are above us who need QBs have more pressing needs elsewhere on their teams.

I hope we have a shot at Cutler, but Leinart and Young will not make it out of the top 4

Back
Top Bottom