• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I really like Smith alot and i wished that the Niners drafted somebody else. I doubt that Smith will put up good #'s this year since there offense doesn't really have any weapons. Next year the Niners will prob bring in a playmaker at WR. What are your thoughts about Smith?

EDIT: I screwed up with the poll. I meant to put Boom and Bust in it. Mods could you please fix it?

umm...call me crazy but the question 'will alex smith boom or bust' should not be a yes or no question. In my opinion, yes, alex smith will boom or bust.

Cant vote until the poll is fixed, but I'm going with bust. I never thought he was too impressive and I certainly dont think that he was worth the number 1 pick.

I think that he might end up as an average starter at some point down the line, but I think he will be a bust with respect to his pick and his $$.

Cheers

mcfara said:
umm...call me crazy but the question 'will alex smith boom or bust' should not be a yes or no question. In my opinion, yes, alex smith will boom or bust.

Maybe if you had read my whole post, you would knew that i missed up on the poll.

Well, it doesn't look like the mods are gonna help me out a bit. So i guess i will change the question. Will Alex Smith be a good QB?

PhinDude88 said:
Well, it doesn't look like the mods are gonna help me out a bit. So i guess i will change the question. Will Alex Smith be a good QB?

I voted no - although see my post above. I reckon he will be average, but wont live up to his draft pick and $$.

He wasn't worthy of being the number one overall pick. The only reason he was the number one guy is because this years draft class was a lot worse than usual. I don't really think he has star potential.

suhawk said:
Cant vote until the poll is fixed, but I'm going with bust. I never thought he was too impressive and I certainly dont think that he was worth the number 1 pick.

I think that he might end up as an average starter at some point down the line, but I think he will be a bust with respect to his pick and his $$.

Cheers
nice tits.......
i think hell be good.

The guys got a great head on his shoulder, he is very intelligent. and has good form and mechanics, its all the unknowns that will be key. But he doesnt have any good recievers to throw to like big ben did last year so I wouldnt expect much his rookie season.:jetssuck:

i think he will end up like david carr, or joey harrington. Bust, but not a akili smith/ryan leaf.

Wagon Circler said:
He wasn't worthy of being the number one overall pick. The only reason he was the number one guy is because this years draft class was a lot worse than usual. I don't really think he has star potential.

I agree but I wouldn't exactly consider this years draft much worse than most. Definitely at the QB position but the other skill positions (RB, WR) were as deep as ive seen them in years. I think Alex Smith will turn out to be an efficient QB but not elite. I dont see him being a bust at all unless the 49ers just completely fail to surround him with enough talent.

Back
Top Bottom