Will Anwar Phillips be available in the third round? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Anwar Phillips be available in the third round?

weisdolphins

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Because I would love to have him on our team I think he's a good corner if we can't get one in the first round.

I don't know if he will be there, But the chances of us taking a Corner are not good becuase Allen is going to be a starter. We have other needs like Saftey, Linebacker, Oline, and a 3rd WR.

Yeah he'll be there in the third round. He only ran 4.59 and 4.62 in the 40 and had only 10 bench press lifts during his pro day last week. I would have expected a 190 pounder to run faster.

Geforce said:
Yeah he'll be there in the third round. He only ran 4.59 and 4.62 in the 40 and had only 10 bench press lifts during his pro day last week. I would have expected a 190 pounder to run faster.

Wow thats really horrible! I would also expect him to run faster than that. He will be there on day 2!

I'd rahter have a guy like Zematis, even though he isn't the fasted of guys, he will work good in a saban type system where there is alot of zone coverages(something he excels at) he is also a really nice sized db who saban would really coach up.

Lazy1 said:
I'd rahter have a guy like Zematis, even though he isn't the fasted of guys, he will work good in a saban type system where there is alot of zone coverages(something he excels at) he is also a really nice sized db who saban would really coach up.
Yup. Zemaitis' frame is a little bigger than Anwar's and I always thought Alan was a much better tackler. Phillips I think is a later round project. At PSU he would make some big plays but he would also give up a big play every once in awhile trying to make a play on the ball. I think Zemaitis' size and frame also could make him a possible candidate for a FS in a system such as ours. Zemaitis i think would be a strong zone corner but wouldnt excel in a man to man system.

I have Alan pegged as a 3rd rounder and Phillips as a 4th or later.

Trust me on this, Phillips is not a guy you want Nick to draft. I don't think he is a good corner at all. He has gotten burned a LOT in his career and he can't tackle a lick. He takes too many chances and doesn't have the makeup speed to compensate. He plays way too soft and when he tightens up his coverage, he gets burned deep. I'll pass.

Back
Top Bottom