Will Channing stay healthy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Channing stay healthy

Avalanche of Wins

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
Im wondering if any of you guys have had your acl's done. as we all know this kid is a beast, but hes had 4 acls already. i know the doctors reassured saban enough to draft him, but honestly, how long is this kid going to hold up with such a penchant for popping ligaments in his knees

7 years. He's a tough kid. Unless the injurys become threatening, I dont see him quiting imo.

Well for starters... I'm hoping he can last 16,19, or 20 games this season. :D In all seriousness though, we're going to have to expect him to be more injury prone than someone who hasn't torn their ACL 3 or 4 times... I'm hoping it's not going to be a problem and we get lucky but you can't depend on luck. If I had to guess I would think if he does get injured it won't be career threatening at such a young age, and won't be coming a problem unless he continues to get injured consistentally and once he gets older when he won't be able to heal as fast as when he's young.

I sure hope he does...cause honestly Zach has about 2-3 years left and anything after that is just heart for him...

I do however feel zach might get to the hall of fame if he plays 6 more years with about 140 tackles in each year he could total over 2000 tackles and that would definitely be something the hall of fame would look at

well i havent had my acl...but i tore my tendons in my knee in 8th grade football...i am now 20 and my knee still isnt right

ia gree, i just dont see it possible for someone with that issue to hold up. hes a beast with the attitude and mean streak we will all love for our defense, but 4acls's. i know hes supposed healthy now, enough anyways but i get a yatil green type vibe outtas this one, i hope im wrong

claytonAndDuper said:
Im wondering if any of you guys have had your acl's done. as we all know this kid is a beast, but hes had 4 acls already. i know the doctors reassured saban enough to draft him, but honestly, how long is this kid going to hold up with such a penchant for popping ligaments in his knees
I think he will and I think he'll be real good the real question is can he STAY OUT OF JAIL...

ACL's and the surgeries to correct or rebuild are very reliable and have been for quite some time. I would think it's more of a long term issue than a short term issue, meaning I doubt Crowder will have a 12 year career but he may have a productive 8 year career.

I am impressed with his mental appraoch to the injury and the fact it has taken nothing away for the way he plays the game... all out and very aggressive.

Many times players struggle to get past the mental healing and never fully recover even thought the physical recovery is complete... I look forward to seeing Crowder on the field. If he stays healthy (like any NFL player) he should prove to be a solid value given that his ability is above the round he was selected.

marke27 said:
well i havent had my acl...but i tore my tendons in my knee in 8th grade football...i am now 20 and my knee still isnt right
with the greatest respect... you probably didn;t have some of the best surgeons in the world operate on you.

This is one of the things that worried me when this kid was drafted. he is a beast and has a mean streak that Saban looks for when evaluating talent, but i just don't know if he will be around for a long time. This isn't college anymore we are talking the NFL.

I think if he continues to train and work on his knees the stronger they will get and he will be able to play as long as he wants

Back
Top Bottom