Will Gase survive this year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Gase survive this year?

im more worried about the fans quitting than Gase....
Excellent point......many fan were expecting playoffs this year and were let down once again. My question is, if the Dolphins are going into rebuild mode which I think they will (at least on offense), are fans going to wait another couple of years for this team to be good?

This team will be special........next year..
We have the making of a great defense. We will have to wait for Tannehill to come back to give this defense a rest hopefully. There is no defense in the NFL that can hold 4 quarters when the offense is going 3 & out most of the game.

I've been very critical of him this year but you guys are right that you have to give him another year. Heck, if you fired him after this year with all the handicaps he's had to put up with, who's going to want to come in a replace him if they're afraid they're not going to get a fair chance?

Excellent point......many fan were expecting playoffs this year and were let down once again. My question is, if the Dolphins are going into rebuild mode which I think they will (at least on offense), are fans going to wait another couple of years for this team to be good?

I just wish this team would properly rebuild for once. Problem is we have Tannenbaum and he has no idea how NOT to use the entire salary cap on 1 year stopgaps (that probably aren't even good).

Last edited:
I've been very critical of him this year but you guys are right that you have to give him another year. Heck, if you fired him after this year with all the handicaps he's had to put up with, who's going to want to come in a replace him if they're afraid they're not going to get a fair chance?

I just wish this team would properly rebuild for once. Problem is we have Tannenbaum and he has no idea how NOT to use the entire salary cap on 1 year stopgaps (that probably aren't even good).
Totally in agreement......stop spending money to constantly "fill in" positions and just draft players that fit your scheme (if we have one). I wonder if Jimmy Johnson is the only coach in the league good at trading down in the draft and acquiring multiply draft picks to make a team better quickly, he did it in Dallas and he did it in Miami. Why can't we do that? Why are we so afraid? Take a look at Buffalo who was supposed to be crappy this year, not only do they have a better record than us, but they are loaded with draft pick in the upcoming draft.... if they draft well, they'll be the next dominant team in this division.....look out. At the same time, we've spent a ton of money with nothing to show for it. WTF

No way Gase quits, he's got a career to think about and the quickest way to destroy it, outside of sending pictures to strippers of you using drugs, is to quit when the going gets tough.

Also, i don't think Ross will fire him, because he's not that knee-jerk type of owner. Gase deserves a chance to turn the team around the same as Philbin got.

Reality: Gase having to put up with all of this **** and still somehow winning football games just gives him more leverage going forward for a better contract extension and more say over football operations.
They beat the Chargers and Matt Cassel. Relax. The team stinks.

“Ryan’s going to be a beast this year.”

Gase before Ryan went down. This is not the team the man wanted to field. As much hate as a Ryan gets he gave Adam the best chance at winning. This season will always be one that’s trying to be saved, not the foremost example. Every coach needs a good QB to win Championships 99% of the time.

He had it made in the shade if he just started Moore , mulligan for losing his WB. He probably does survive but Cutler has to reflect poorly on him. That move was all Gase. He can say it's not Jay all he wants but the offense never looked this incompetent under Tannemoore last year.

will gase survive this year? of course he will, tannehill being hurt will guarantee it...

theres no way in my mind that i can believe this offense would be so inept with tannehill at the helm...i think everyone in the organization knows it too...

will gase survive this year? of course he will, tannehill being hurt will guarantee it...

theres no way in my mind that i can believe this offense would be so inept with tannehill at the helm...i think everyone in the organization knows it too...

I agree but Cutler is 100% his idea. That's a 10 million dollar indictment so far. Playing Moore was his easy mulligan in my opinion. Still I think he survives unless it come out that his and Foerster Party together or something.

When we had the Igcognito/Martin thing going, the national spotlight was on the Dolphins. If there was ever pressure for someone to leave the Dolphins during the season, it was on Philbin then. This is nothing. We're a 2-2 team -- albeit an uninteresting and fortunate to be 2-2 one -- and likely at the end of the year Gase will be basically a head coach who is a game under to a game over .500. I've been critical of the training wheels offense we have, but there is no way he isn''t coaching at the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom