Will Griese be starting by week 8....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Griese be starting by week 8.......

will dave come to his senses and start Griese if Fiedler struggles?

• yes

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • no

Votes: 27 79.4%

• Total voters

holy crap

Practice Squad
Reaction score
if Jay struggles? I think he will. You don't sit a quality backup like that

Originally posted by holy crap

I say we be damn happy that we have 2 starting QB's capable of starting on our team just in case anything happens to one of them. Other than that let's just let both of them battle it out and see what happens.

I don't think Jay will struggle, I think Jay will dominate. Jay handles pressure well, and he has played his best football when someone is behind him that could take his job. That most certainly is the case now.

I don't think your question should be if Jay struggles it should be if Jay remains healthy.

Oliver...

There are only 3 scenario's in which Griese starts games:
  1. Griese wins the job outright before the season starts.
  2. Jay gets hurt.
  3. The season totally unravels right from the beginning - in which case we're already behind the 8-ball.

I do not see Jay losing the starting job without an injury being involved and even then. Wanne has just been too unspoken in his support for Jay.

If Jay show some sort of regression to his 2001 form when he went thru a multiple INT game stretch AND Griese just blows away the coaches with his work ethic, understanding of the O and ability to perform in practice, then Yes; otherwise, No.

Only if Fiedler is too injured to play effectively.

Fiedler knows what the stakes are. Even if he is a little dinged up, Jay will be out there playing without a word of complaint...

i hope that either griese or fiedler get to sit the entire yr. only come in and mop up blow out games. i feel fiedler will come out of camp the starter, but if he doesnt he'll be a good back up . i want who ever wins the job to stay healthy all yr.

Back
Top Bottom